Miss your waterbed?

We had a soft sided wave less king. Really nice. But after a couple of small leaks decided to go back to regular mattress. Later got a foam mattress, just as comfy as the water bed but no flood risk. Keep hearing people complain about them being warm, IMO, they're not..

Keep hearing people complain about them being warm,
I've slept on a Tempurpedic and wasn't really taken with it. I found that turning over on memory foam was more difficult than a regular
mattress --- it was like being in a hole and having to climb out. And, for me, it was hotter than I like to be when sleeping. In winter, that might not be a bad thing, but summer --- no thanks.

Mine has separate tubes in it that can be adjusted for firmness depending on how much water you put into the tubes. I added 4" of memory foam on top of what was there. I really like it.

I used to love my waterbed. But I found that the more baffles they had the less chance your spouse could make you ride the waves when you are trying to sleep. It was nice in the winter to crawl into a nice warm bed. And we use to put a thick soft blanket on it in the warmers months to make it a little more comfortable. But the misses decided she wanted to get rid of it and you know how that goes. But I have to admit, the older I got the harder it was to get out of it.

I used to have one. It’s was baffled and very comfortable. My dog popped it twice :mad: and that was it. I have a Sealy Posturepedic now.
I’m not a fan at all of memory foam. My body temp rises when I’m asleep and memory foam is too hot for me to sleep in.

I liked my first waterbed but I had to top it off occasionally, somehow it would develop an air bubble. But I couldn't sleep on it when I would come home from camping (sleeping on the ground), it would take a day or two to get acclimated again. I didn't like the soft-sided waveless type which had a thick quilt top. I tried a Comfort Select bed (air) and I didn't like that either. So I'm back to the conventional mattress.

I used to have one. It’s was baffled and very comfortable. My dog popped it twice :mad: and that was it. I have a Sealy Posturepedic now.
I’m not a fan at all of memory foam. My body temp rises when I’m asleep and memory foam is too hot for me to sleep in.

When was the last time you slept on one? The new(er) ones don't seem to retain body heat.
Local furniture store claims their foam is infused with diamond dust to keep your cool. That sounds like a snake oil scam to me. Mine is a year and a half old and the heat was a concern but so far not a problem.

When was the last time you slept on one? The new(er) ones don't seem to retain body heat.
Local furniture store claims their foam is infused with diamond dust to keep your cool. That sounds like a snake oil scam to me. Mine is a year and a half old and the heat was a concern but so far not a problem.
I admit, it’s been quite a while. I slept on one at a friends house several years ago and I was burning up. I’ve heard they’re better now.

My wife and I recently bought a Nectar memory foam mattress after doing a lot of research. A couple friends recommended Nectar and all the reviews were GREAT. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. It doesn't feel better than any other bed I've slept on :idunno:

My wife and I recently bought a Nectar memory foam mattress after doing a lot of research. A couple friends recommended Nectar and all the reviews were GREAT. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. It doesn't feel better than any other bed I've slept on :idunno:
Beds are damn expensive now. I’m always skeptical when I read online reviews. I wonder how many reviews are fake or are by company employees (regardless of the product.)
I look for a company that is so sure of their product that they are willing to let me have a no obligation free test drive.

i had one as a teenager and some when i was in my early 20s. i moved it around too much and it became a pain.

cant say i miss it though

I had one from 80 to 83. It was a king size four poster. It was causing problems with the old hardwood flooring so I gave it to a friend that was a sax player in a touring rock band. He loved it when he was home from the road.

I have had a sleep number bed for years and it still sleeps good

I had one from 80 to 83. It was a king size four poster. It was causing problems with the old hardwood flooring so I gave it to a friend that was a sax player in a touring rock band. He loved it when he was home from the road.
So Johali, you're saying waterbeds were good for sax back in the 80's? Is that what you're saying? :D

One of my first woodworking projects was building my waterbed. The wood is spruce.

Waterbed1.jpg

Waterbed2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom