MLB 2014

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
It's almost baseball season and we begin with this:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...er-josh-hart-write-report&ex_cid=sportscenter

Josh Hart didn't know who Frank Robinson is, so Buck Showalter made him write a report.

Orioles.jpg

Double deeping this year. Sorry dudes. :)

The last time the Yankees spent $400+ million in the offseason they won a title in the subsequent season.

Sorry guys.

You just enjoy your Jeter one last time, let me worry about celebrating another 'ship this year. :D

The only ship you'll be celebrating is the one that returns to the Boston Harbor. The Commissioner's Trophy is going to Baltimore, MD this year.

The only ship you'll be celebrating is the one that returns to the Boston Harbor. The Commissioner's Trophy is going to Baltimore, MD this year.

Says the guy whose team hasn't even won a playoff series in god knows how long. lol

The last time the Yankees spent $400+ million in the offseason they won a title in the subsequent season.

Sorry guys.
Ha...an over the hill shortstop who is 40, ummm lost Cano, who is playing second anyway? Pitching staff is very supect, oh yeh third base who is over there anyway? I will say outfield is looking good if everyone stays healthy. Sabathia is getting old and past his prime, the new Japanese pitcher will be in for a rude awakening in MLB. I just don't see the Yankees having staying power, a few injuries here and there and they are going to be in trouble. Red Sox win the Division, Tampa or Jays finish second.

My hometown Cleveland Indians didn't do too much this offseason to get me excited. They had a pretty decent season last year that ended up with them in the wild card game. They lost that one 4-0 and the entire season's efforts and all of the excitement of them chasing a wildcard playoff spot was over in about 3 hours time. All they did in the off season was sign a bunch of players who are past their primes or never really had a prime to non-guaranteed bargain basement contracts. They signed guys like Aaron Harang and Nyjer Morgan and are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. We already had a much more talented version of Nyjer Morgan in Milton Bradley and his attitude wasn't worth putting up with in spite of his performance either.

Every baseball fan will shed a tear when he retires. :(

I was going to quote you the other night saying not everyone until moparh came along. lol

He gets default hate because of who's he's associated with. Specially when you're talking to a Red Sox fan. Haha

I was going to quote you the other night saying not everyone until moparh came along. lol

He gets default hate because of who's he's associated with. Specially when you're talking to a Red Sox fan. Haha
My oldest sister is a Yanky fan and loves Jeter, so of course I have to hate him....lol

I see FOX moved most of their games to FOX Sports 1. Ugh.
Well, I just saw the schedule and it doesn't look good for Nationwide from April through June if that's really what their MLB programming schedule is going to look like for the next eight years.

That's a helluva lot less baseball in HD for me though. I'm sure they'll try to move some LDS and LCS games to cable too.

Well, I just saw the schedule and it doesn't look good for Nationwide from April through June if that's really what their MLB programming schedule is going to look like for the next eight years.

That's a helluva lot less baseball in HD for me though. I'm sure they'll try to move some LDS and LCS games to cable too.

FOX Sports 1 is a middle finger to sports fans.

Shame. The defending World Series Champions not only open their season but it's not even the opening game. I know the schedule was written in September but everybody knew, in July, that the Red Sox would win the World Series. Anyone who didn't is a complete idiot.

Well, the Indians finally lost their second game of the spring and it only took them twelve games to do it. It's too bad that a spring training record means absolutely nothing, but they have looked pretty good for the most part.

My Phillies are putting new meaning to the name the Senior Circuit, I don't think even a third of the roster is under 30. When one of your biggest moves of the offseason is bringing back Bobby Abreu its not gonna be good. I'll just start the chant you will hear all summer in Philly, FIRE RUBEN!!!!

GO RAYS!

USATSI_7359729.jpg

My Phillies are putting new meaning to the name the Senior Circuit, I don't think even a third of the roster is under 30. When one of your biggest moves of the offseason is bringing back Bobby Abreu its not gonna be good. I'll just start the chant you will hear all summer in Philly, FIRE RUBEN!!!!

I'm still pissed about the Devil Rays trading Abreu to Philly for Kevin freaking Stocker back in 1997.

The Cincinnati Reds are coming to town to play our AA club the Blue Wahoos tomorrow night. It's the first time the Major's have come here since the fifties. We had to pay the turds $85,000 to come here this year even though the Wahoo's are their farm team.

Petition Response: Honoring Our National Pastime

Honoring Our National Pastime

By Josh Earnest, Principal Deputy Press Secretary and a lifelong Kansas City Royals fan

Thanks for your petition and your participation in We the People.

For more than a century, American presidents have celebrated Opening Day -- from President William Taft's 1910 first pitch from the stands, to President Obama toeing the rubber at Nationals Park in 2010.

Opening Day signals a new beginning, not only for the 30 Major League Baseball teams playing for their shot at a title, but for the millions of fans who will follow the 162-game journey -- from "Play ball!" through the last out. That includes President Obama, who will be rooting for his White Sox to go all the way.

While we are sympathetic to your pitch to make Opening Day a national holiday, it's a little outside our strike zone: creating permanent federal holidays is traditionally the purview of Congress. So, it's up to the men and women on Capitol Hill to decide whether to swing at this pitch.

To celebrate Opening Day, we'll be honoring the 2013 World Series champions, the Boston Red Sox, here at the White House on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, I'll spend that day visualizing what it would be like to welcome my 2014 World Series Champion Kansas City Royals to the White House. That is, after all, the best part of Opening Day: every team is tied for first place and poised to make a run at the Fall Classic.

Petition Response: Honoring Our National Pastime

Honoring Our National Pastime

By Josh Earnest, Principal Deputy Press Secretary and a lifelong Kansas City Royals fan

Thanks for your petition and your participation in We the People.

For more than a century, American presidents have celebrated Opening Day -- from President William Taft's 1910 first pitch from the stands, to President Obama toeing the rubber at Nationals Park in 2010.

Opening Day signals a new beginning, not only for the 30 Major League Baseball teams playing for their shot at a title, but for the millions of fans who will follow the 162-game journey -- from "Play ball!" through the last out. That includes President Obama, who will be rooting for his White Sox to go all the way.

While we are sympathetic to your pitch to make Opening Day a national holiday, it's a little outside our strike zone: creating permanent federal holidays is traditionally the purview of Congress. So, it's up to the men and women on Capitol Hill to decide whether to swing at this pitch.

To celebrate Opening Day, we'll be honoring the 2013 World Series champions, the Boston Red Sox, here at the White House on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, I'll spend that day visualizing what it would be like to welcome my 2014 World Series Champion Kansas City Royals to the White House. That is, after all, the best part of Opening Day: every team is tied for first place and poised to make a run at the Fall Classic.
You know, part of the problem with that would be which opening day would they celebrate? The one in Australia in the middle of March like they had this year or in Japan like they've had before? Or tomorrow when, I think, one team plays on Sunday Night Baseball, or Monday when all the other teams play their openers?

I'm pretty excited that the Indians season opener is this Monday. It kind of sucks that it is in Oakland so it starts after 10:00 at night here though.

Hoping for a good season out of my Orioles, but most of the preseason magazines I'm reading have them finishing 4th in the AL East. Shock the world, boys!

Hoping for a good season out of my Orioles, but most of the preseason magazines I'm reading have them finishing 4th in the AL East. Shock the world, boys!

LOL, they said the same thing two years ago when the Orioles made the playoffs. And last year, everyone said Toronto would win the division.

Back
Top Bottom