Montoya shatters record!

Glad to hear it. I've always liked Juan. I've gotta admit that I was happy to see him leave CART cause it gave Penske a chance to really dominate.

;)

lol...I should have guessed you would all be JPM fans :p

Sad he will never be a F1 driver champion ;)

*runs to hide* hehee

BTW, last year he did really well in qual because the tyers Williams had worked really well in qual (came up to temp faster and better)...not racin' though when it alllll counts :D

I dont think tyres had a whole lot to do with Juans great effort at italy this year. Of course they had some but i believe it was the new engine they introduced for the last three rounds of the championship. On that record breaking lap, he and his engine broke another, with his engine turning 19,050 rpms at top end on that lap. First into the 19's. I think if they can settle down the rear of their car and get some good tyres, they should hang right with ferrari next year.

hehee...I realise...I just try and find excuses as I'm not a JPM fan...

I would love to see Williams up there with Ferrari, but would rather Ralf do all the winning for them...

As far as JPM goes, I don't think he has got his head around just how F1 works, and I don't see that changing. If you come into F1 and want to go about things the same way you might have in say CART etc...I got news for him...that ain't going to work...
F1 may be motor sport...but it's a whole new ball game:p

Way to go Juan Pablo. He kinda reminds me of Tony Stewart

I used to watch CART just for JPM and Helio Castronieves(spiderman).

Originally posted by Wicked00
Which incidents are you talking about Tiger?
His style of driving mostly...

Banging into other drivers (including your team mate) most the time you end up with broken suspension...and out of the race...

Have wheel to wheel racing of course...but touching in F1 is really a bad idea...these cars are just not strong enough to deal with that. (suspension mainly)

And pissing off a person like Villy ain't a good idea either...he tends to remember things rather well :p
I was at the Australian GP when a marchile was killed and for him to later on in the year blame Villy for his death...when his team mate, Ralf, was in the accident as much as him. Very bad PR to say the least!

And in CART I have seen him get out of the car in qual when things have just not gone his way and have a go at his team manager....

I'm sure if he were to act that way toward Frank Williams...hahahahaa....back to CART he would be....

well that's my JPM rant...lol

I agree...he seems to rather run someone off the circuit before being passed. :)

pole don't mean much if you can't finish :D

I was having so much fun...seeing him push the Williams too much and then...KABOOM...hehee...engine goes bye bye :p Sorry...I rarely take pleasure from drivers stupidity...

If you havent noticed, Williams has greatly improved their reliability of their engines. Montoya blew that car up so many times in 2001, it wasnt funny. He only had a few failures this year. On another note, the driver is supposed to push as hard as he can to win, its the teams job to make sure the car can handle the pressure.

only a few times??? Guess that's ok then :p hehee..If they want to beat Ferrari...they'll have to take that done to none...:)

tech. on the cars only goes so far, there is only so much the teams can do (just like a driver)...when I say he pushed the car...I mean over reved it...there are other ways to push in F1...like finding better lines...

Originally posted by Tiger
only a few times??? Guess that's ok then :p hehee..If they want to beat Ferrari...they'll have to take that done to none...:)

and what if they do take that down to none, think they got the whole pie to challenge those red cars from italy, even after they unvail there newest car? I don't know? will be interesting to see :)

Originally posted by NateDogg
and what if they do take that down to none, think they got the whole pie to challenge those red cars from italy, even after they unvail there newest car? I don't know? will be interesting to see :)
Just like in 2000 when they won the championship rather early to the end of the season and were able to work on the '01 car while still racing, and I believe that's one of the main reasons they were so strong again in '01...and as we all know they kicked even more major butt in '01 and worked and tested their car even more...so I wouldn't be surprised if once again they are just the step ahead of the rest! Don't forget...Rubens came second in the championship...so they still have to make up alot of ground!

But as a true racing fan...I would looove to see the three top teams going head to head!! (McLaren, Williams, Ferrari) and even the middle field teams making sure they fight for every point there is to get!

Doesn't mean that's going to happen though....

My money is on it...being a more exciting season due to rule changes...but Ferrari still to run away with it :)

What do you guys think?

I am thinkin that its eaiser to chase than to lead, then add the rule changes it will be closer. Still sayin Ferrari with MS will probally be on top till the end.

Wins I will say:
Ferrari 10
Williams 5
McLaren 2

JPM 74
RB 65

yep, that is what is it going to be :)

I see that nate has his hopes up, but i am afraid that he is dead wrong in his predictions. I see williams and mclaren fighting the red machines a few times and i doubt ferrari will run away as quick as they did last year. I myself predict at least one win to come from someone other than ferrari, williams, or mclaren. You have to remember that Renault, Jaguar, and especially Toyota have huge budgets to race with. All three being new teams they had the last two years to get things right and i look to see big things in the future from these teams. Back runners this year will be minardi and jordan. by the way i know that hey cut belgium out of the championship so thats 1 less race so were down to 16 events.

Ferrari- 11
McLaren- 2
Willams- 2
Renault/Toyota/or BAR- 1

Wins I will say:
Ferrari 8
McLaren 5
Williams 3

KR 75
JPM 55

It is just 16 races,no SPA rigth? :)

Back