More Engine Problems @ Rousch Racing

P

PettyBenson

From jayski-
To the back: #97-Kurt Busch blew an engine in the first Saturday practice, so he will fall back from his 6th place starting spot and go to the rear of the field before the drop of the green flag. Busch took the car to the garage and walked to the hauler without comment. There were also rumors that #17-Matt Kenseth had lost an engine, but it ended up being some smoke only, he took it to the garage and got it repaired.(XM Satellite- NASCAR Radio - Subscription Required)(3-15-2003)
-------------

I wonder what is goign on there? Is jack trying things that he shouldn't or has he gotten a bad bacth of parts?

Roush is one of those teams that are running on the very ragged edge. They are seriously fast, but also very prone to failures in the engines. As log as they continue to push the envelope they will not be consistent.

Which means Jack will not get that Championship he sooooo badly wants.

Doesn't hurt to try anything in the long run. You gotta try anything and everything to get a edge. Sometimes you gotta R&D in the field. I don't see it has a problem, Once they get it down, which will be the near future, they are going to be good. Remember Marlin won this race last year from the back with a new engine.

And remember all the engines that Ryan Newman blew early last year; I don't think he blew any in the 2nd half of the season. Experiments like that will pay off in the long run.

Hopefully Roush will find out what is wrong soon. It is better to have the engine go in practice though rather than in the race.

I hope Jack gets this problem sorted out.I have a lot of Roush guys in my fantasy leagues. This is going to screw me up. :(

Well i have 1 guy in my league from Roush and i will be selling him soon.....lol. :p

Back
Top Bottom