more short tracks because of schedule?

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
it looks like nascar is running charlotte and darlington to getting rid of dates other tracks will see. While I really like running extra races at Darlington, (except it really sucks to run the iroc package there, the race would be much better with the short track 750hp package) heck if we are gonna do that, why not more martinsville, more bristol, more road courses? is virginia not opening up like the other states part of the problem for running richmond and martinsville?

it looks like nascar is running charlotte and darlington to getting rid of dates other tracks will see. While I really like running extra races at Darlington, (except it really sucks to run the iroc package there, the race would be much better with the short track 750hp package) heck if we are gonna do that, why not more martinsville, more bristol, more road courses? is virginia not opening up like the other states part of the problem for running richmond and martinsville?
Virginia has been way stricter than the other states in the area.

Since they still want to get all 36 races run this season, they're talking about scheduling a lot of them closer to Charlotte (to make travel easier for the majority of the teams, who are based there). It would be interesting if they scheduled Rockingham and North Wilkesboro, but since those tracks have been idle for a while I'm not sure that would be practical (particularly North Wilkesboro). I doubt that they'll be able to get the whole season in before weather gets bad - especially if we get a second wave shut-down - so I wouldn't be surprised if the season finishes in Florida and / or Phoenix or even Texas.

This Saturday was to be the first Martinsville night race..... I was supposed to go, the low that night is to be 30 degrees

Since they still want to get all 36 races run this season, they're talking about scheduling a lot of them closer to Charlotte (to make travel easier for the majority of the teams, who are based there). It would be interesting if they scheduled Rockingham and North Wilkesboro, but since those tracks have been idle for a while I'm not sure that would be practical (particularly North Wilkesboro). I doubt that they'll be able to get the whole season in before weather gets bad - especially if we get a second wave shut-down - so I wouldn't be surprised if the season finishes in Florida and / or Phoenix or even Texas.
Almost all racing series has a "Speedweek" where they race 7 - 10 nights straight, usually at different tracks. Maybe NASCAR could use that concept at a single track if they get into a time crunch.
...and at the extreme edge is the DIRTcar Late Model Summer Nationals racing 28 of 32 days, called the h e double hockey sticks tour.

Back
Top Bottom