More terrible news; Dale Creasy, Jr.

D

Digger

Good luck, Dale. :(

Real nice guy when I met him at the President's Cup. He also stayed right down the road, could see his hauler when I left for work the day of first round qualifying.

Posted here, but it's just a reprint of the IHRA press release.

Creasy Injured in Semifinals at Rocky Mountain Nationals
(from IHRA, Live Nation Motorsports)
EDMONTON, Alb. (July 7, 2008) - Dale Creasy, Jr., driver of the Torco Race Fuels Nitro Funny Car, was injured during a semifinal loss at the Rocky Mountain Nationals yesterday.

Somewhere near the finish line Creasy's car had a catastrophic parts failure in the drive line, his legs became entangled in the wreckage. He was air lifted to Royal Alexandra Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta.

Creasy suffered broken bones in his right foot that will require a cast. His left leg suffered a crushed shin and a compound fracture that will require surgery. Creasy is scheduled for surgery between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Mountain Time at Royal Alexandra Hospital.

The Creasy family asks that cards and well wishes be held until Dale returns home. The team also wants to thank Jet Label & Tape for the support they are providing to the family during this time.

For updates please check IHRA.com.

To learn more about Dale Creasy, Jr. and the Torco Race Fuels Nitro Funny Car visit http://dalecreasyjr.com/

apparently, popular word is that the reverser box broke loose from the bellhousing (sheared mounting bolts?) and it and the driveshaft started slapping around. I guess the guard around the driveshaft/reverser/differential isn't as strong as it should be..if one so much as exists.

How light do they make these parts? I know in USAC, MIDGET, and other classes they really dont have a weight rule. Almost sounds like the lighter bolts and such may need to be regulated? Not trying to stir the pot or nothing, just hoping one day these types of accidents will stop... I hope everything goes well for him and he gets back in the car. Nice to see the support he is getting also!!! Very cool...

Yikes, I'm so sorry to hear about Creasy's injury. I hope he's healing well and not in too much pain now. Sounds like it will be a long recovery.

Back
Top Bottom