Most memorable Racing Moment of 2002

H

HardScrabble

Just a tad early yet, but want to work on something for the off-season. Stealing an idea from 71Fan on a poll for later.

The answer you give here need not be your "final answer" as we do have another race left. One answer only please.

The question is:

What is the most memorable racing moment you have of this season. On track action only!

Mine is watching MM cut through traffic at Charlotte for the win with Kenseth hot on his heels. A master at work!

First thing that comes to my mind is Ward hoisting that Daytona 500 trophy.

I may be a bit biased here...but I'll have to say Bill Elliott passing Rusty Wallace with 20 laps to go for his first Brickyard win. :D

Most memorable for me: Sterling getting out of his car at Daytona. Johnny Benson's first win was pretty damned fine too.
On the second lap of the Daytona 500, I thought my heart would break, so if (or should I say "when") Tony hoists that big old Winston Cup Trophy this weekend, that will make my season.

Deffinatly Sterling climbing out of his car. I was sitting right across from him and i was thinkin what the hell is he doing...

as of right now......im going to have to say the Pepsi 400

and thats ONLY because i actually got to witness a race at Daytona for the first time ever. that was pretty special

JB winning was pretty damn memoriable for me also

hopefully Stewart winning at Homestead, clinching his first WC championship.

Sterling getting out of his car. I couldn't quit laughing!! Didn't he say something like he saw DE do it before ??

Mine is watching TS cut through traffic from the very back, to the very front at Martinsville twice and then the very next week at Atlanta with MM at his heels in the points race. A master at work!

What? No love for the Bristol Bootie Toss? :ROFLMFAO:

Kurt patting his butt at Spencer was pretty good too.

Sterling getting out of his car at the Daytona 500 tops my lists of most memoriable moments of the year. Jeff Gordon winning Bristol with the tap and go (Rusty Wallace is still pretty angrey about that but rubbin is racing) to end the winless streak is a very close second.

Originally posted by Nascar24rainbow
(Rusty Wallace is still pretty angrey about that but rubbin is racing)

Huh? Did you miss the interview with him last weekend? Both he and Gordon were laughing it up about their competitive rivalry. If I'm not mistaken, Wallace's words were something like, "We love racing each other, what happened in the last race is just that...the last race".

Gordon said the same thing, pretty much. The only people that turned that Bristol race into something more than what is were the fans of each driver.

Even in the interviews right after that race they weren't upset.

How something like this can be an issue all year long is beyond me.

Bobby Labonte getting his first career short track win is, in my unbiased :) opinion, the most memorable moment of the year.

Harvick parking under the trailer.
Jeff Gordon not winning for 30 races.
Sterling being an idiot and pulling on his fender.

Johnny Benson's win is my most memorable thing of 2002!! but who would have guess that..... :lol2:

Mark putting Tony back into anger managment classes full time for the winter after finishing 2nd.:p

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Mine is watching MM cut through traffic at Charlotte for the win with Kenseth hot on his heels. A master at work!

Yup, that would be it for me too. Far and away the most skillful bit of driving I've seen in a number of years, let alone this one.

Then again, there are two more images I hope none of us ever forget.

1. Eric Martin's tragic death.

2. Forgive me for forgetting the driver's name, but the driver who demolished that car at Bristol during OpenGate.

My vote would have to go to Ward winning the Daytona 500!!

I have to vote for Ward winning at the Daytona 500 :D...............but in second place I am going to give it to Jeff Gordon for beating Rusty and winning at Bristol Night.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Then again, there are two more images I hope none of us ever forget.

1.  Eric Martin's tragic death.

2.  Forgive me for forgetting the driver's name, but the driver who demolished that car at Bristol during OpenGate.

Mike Harmon

But anyways, I think it was Mark Martin winning at Lowe's too. That was pretty cool. I also liked how it looked like a long year for Stewart and look where he is at now. Everytime he would make a gain in the points, he would lose it because of something stupid.

1. Ward winning at Daytona
2. Seeing 2 Rookies and a Sophomore almost dominate the sport
3. Matt Kenseth 5 wins and maybe one more
6. Im biased on this one----Seeing Ryan Newman being in the top 5 in almost every practice and Happy Hour at every track this year---Gives you something to think about. I swear every time I looked at practice speeds he was up at the front

Sterling getting out of his car. & Harvick being made to set out a race.:(

there are bunch of em' but heres how they stack up.

1.ward burton winning the Daytona 500
2.bill elliott winning back to back races, inculding the Brickyard 400
3.tony stewart winning after he was put on probation.
4.jamie mcmurray winning in his second start
5.johnny benson winning his first race
6.sterling marlin getting out of his car
7.mark martin winning the winston million @ lowes
8.jeff gordons first DNF of the year
9.ward burton getting out of his car and throwing his heat shield at jr.
10.the champion this isn't gonna be gordon this year:thumbsup:

(this is my first post ever)

Hey j ozz, Is this your first post?:D

LOL, Glad to have ya aboard.:)

Couple of Dodge fans floating about the place, be sure ya sa howdy to 'em.

Welcome J-oz.I see you are from nw ohio.Did you loose anything in the storm this past weekend?Glad to have you here.:)

Welcome to the forum, j ozzman. :)
Always glad to have another Dodge fan on board.

OK, I've thought about the topic, and finally decided that Sterling climbing out and working on the car is my most memorable moment.

Although, I reserve the right to have MM at Charlotte, and JB's first win as very close seconds. LOL

The June Michigan race where I got to see DJ work his way thru the traffic and take the lead not once, but twice and then very nearly chase down Kenseth after taking on fresh rubber following the red flag. One of the best Michigan races I have seen in person even tho DJ did not win.

Back
Top Bottom