MP4-18?

paul

Team Owner
Any news on when this car is going to make it's competitive debut?

I would guess they aren't in a hurry seeing as they've won the first three races with their hybrid...

I think that SPEED reported that they will not be using the MP4-18 untill the car they use now becomes less competetive. They feal that it would be a waste to start using a new car if the one there are using now is so competitive. SPEED also reported that the new ferrari will be debuting very soon.

Originally posted by Nascar24rainbow@Apr 8 2003, 04:29 PM
SPEED also reported that the new ferrari will be debuting very soon.
They better!

Ferrari will be bringing the new F2003-GA next race in Imola. McLaren on the other hand is confident with their car now and say that they won't release the new MP18/4 until they are absolutely confident it will be the championship car. Go figure, they may not need it, a waste of money in my mind. They also say that not one part on the new car was ever apart of the old one. Totally revolutionary car they say. I'll be waiting.

Originally posted by BebiF1@Apr 8 2003, 05:50 PM
Go figure, they may not need it, a waste of money in my mind.
do you really think that the existing mclaren will be able to keep up with the 2003? In my mind nope. Whats the odds of both ferrari's not finishing 2 races in a row. Two weeks for things to unfold though.

In my mind, I doubt the McLaren will hardly be able to be put side by side with the 2003 until the MP18/4 comes out. I saw pics of the 2003-GA and it looks so damn fast! Best looking car on track i would say. I think it isnt a speed issue though. Rubens will do great I think and might be able to salvage a really good season despite the loss of points early on. Micheal I honestly think is rattled. When you have cars like Jordan, Jaguar, Toyota, and BAR up there dicing with the supposed uncontested Ferrari and Micheal it really shakes things up. Unfortunatly I do believe that Micheal will keep getting careless like Australian Practice and Brazilian race and seriously injure himself. I think his domination days are gone and he will not take the championship again. If he does then I will have a new respect for the man,(like I already don't). I just hope he doesnt get killed and he smartens up and relizes he has a wonderful like outside of racing.

Back
Top Bottom