Mrs. Johali is at my house!

I sure miss having him on this forum. The one thing I absolutely regret is not taking the time to stop and have lunch with Johali any of the many times he offered to meet up with me when I would be on the way to or coming back from the NHRA race in Florida every year. :(

I need to bring mine to see you sometime. Maybe if we make a coastal trip the long way. Sure isn't anything to do at the riverwalk much anymore.

Glad you and Mrs. J had fun.

The one thing I absolutely regret is not taking the time to stop and have lunch with Johali any of the many times he offered to meet up with me .............................. :(

Alas, Nitro, but life is full of the disappointments we bring upon ourself. They usually constitute something we wish we had done or regret what we did knowing it was hurtful.

Not often enough, as I pass through the autumn of my life, do I stop to smell the roses. In Nitro's case the rose was meeting up with Johali and now a regret. We encounter these opportunities daily and all too often, after the fact and when it is no longer an opportune, we say to ourself, "Darn! I wish I had ................................" taken the time to smell the roses.

Regrets? We all have them but the trick is, now that it is a new year, to make 2022 a year where you all promise yourself to stop and remember you might feel it inconvenient at the moment to say "hello" or offer to carry someone's bags from the grocery store, but you won't say, "I wish I had ........................." stopped to smell the roses.

Apologies for sounding like a lecturer. In my aging process I find everything has so much more meaning and there are so many things I regret and wish I could take back or get a "do over". But the time is to look forward and make sure I have no more of those regrets. The spirit gets so much more attuned to the surroundings and simple things that might mean nothing to us but to the receiver are like a gift from God.

I'm glad I got to meet Johali at the Summer 2015 Daytona race.

For some reason, I didn't think to get a picture with him, even though he took one of me and my dad.

Back
Top Bottom