MTJ vs HMS

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
https://us.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/truex-hendrick-performance-gain-chicagoland/4486885/

Asked after Sunday’s race if he felt Hendrick’s strength was just in that race or a new trend, Truex said: “I think it’s just one race. You look at these things and you come to these tracks now with this package and every track is just so different. I can’t stress it enough how different it is.

“You only get two 50-minute practices and we came here, and we were totally lost for the first whole practice and then two-thirds of the second practice and it’s like, if we had another 30 minutes, we could have been so much better.

“It’s one of those things where all these tracks are so different, and they want just a different package all together that the first time here is hard to hit it. Clearly, (Hendrick Motorsports) hit it out of the park because they were fast right off the truck.”

——————————

While HMS has not seen victory lane like Truex and Busch have, their flagship driver’s recent results are consistently trending positive.

Bowman: 97% of laps completed, 186 laps lead, 1 win, 4 top 5s, 6 top 10s.

Elliott: 99% of laps completed, 406 laps lead, 1 win, 6 top 5s, 7 top 10s

You choose if his mind games are warranted.

I think Hendrick's got their program mostly back on track.

Chase has had a few bad races but I think he'll get it turned around this weekend at Daytona. I know people won't believe me but I'm really hoping he wins the championship. The fanbase needs to be energized, and another unpopular driver winning a championship for Penske or Gibbs isn't gonna do the trick.

Chase has had a few bad races but I think he'll get it turned around this weekend at Daytona. I know people won't believe me but I'm really hoping he wins the championship. The fanbase needs to be energized, and another unpopular driver winning a championship for Penske or Gibbs isn't gonna do the trick.

I feel like there would be a semi equal reaction if YRB or Elliott wins it.

I know I would be pumped either way

Hendrick is back. That's two for the season. Bowman won a race, Byron's running much better on average, and Jimmie is showing glimpses of what made him the superstar he is now.

Chase Elliott has done as his supporters predicted, and has had no qualms racking up more wins upon earning his first one.

Truex and Pearn have always had a little salt when it comes to HMS. From the redneck Jesus remark regarding Chase, and then saying the 24 team (Chase at the time) was the most annoying to be next to in the garages cause of the amount of employees they brought to the track, there's always been something there that they hate.

Truex and Pearn have always had a little salt when it comes to HMS. From the redneck Jesus remark regarding Chase, and then saying the 24 team (Chase at the time) was the most annoying to be next to in the garages cause of the amount of employees they brought to the track, there's always been something there that they hate.
That and Cole Pearn said that JJ is a **** driver after Dover I believe when he missed a shift and stacked the field up. Either that or a mix up in the pits.

That and Cole Pearn said that JJ is a sh!t driver after Dover I believe when he missed a shift and stacked the field up. Either that or a mix up in the pits.
That and then something after the Roval too if I remember correctly.

I’ll be more interested if the HMS drivers are able to take the spotlight for awhile. It really would energize things if Bowman or Chase make some thunder at the top of the series for a while.

I’m not a fan of them. Just think it’d be welcomed to have them establish their names as top guys who the field has to outrun.

I agree with another post, if chase won the cup.... It’d be great for this sport. Likewise Blaney, Byron or hell even Bowman.

It’s rare when a JGR driver/crew member isn’t complaining about something.

I'd agree that a Gibbs or Penske driver winning again isn't much of a good thing.

...unless its YRB.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hendrick does well at Daytona. Their cars are showing speed. Byron sat on the pole at Daytona and Elliott won Talladega with Bowman right behind

I wouldn't be surprised if Hendrick does well at Daytona. Their cars are showing speed. Byron sat on the pole at Daytona and Elliott won Talladega with Bowman right behind
I'm in surefire agreement with this statement. Hell, they've been having bad fast restrictor plate cars for years. It was the communication and teamwork that was MIA up until this year; this Daytona 500 onwards, it was like they finally dovetailed.

Gotta remember MTJ forgot where he came from and thinks hes jesus now so if he gets an opportunity to bitch hes gonna take it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HMS still isn’t anywhere near where they were 3 or 4 years ago, but they’ve been on a pretty major upswing as of late.

I don't know what has happened to Truex, but ever since he started to taste some actual success (after about a decade in the sport) he has turned into this whiny little bitch that is VERY unappealing. Martin, how about you just shut up and drive for once...... Maybe Barney quit so he didn't have to listen to Truex and Pearn any more. ;)

He was asked a question and explained it. Gibbs is clearly the lead dog right now and by them missing the setup 1 weekend and Hendrick hitting it doesnt mean the tables have turned.

I don't know what has happened to Truex, but ever since he started to taste some actual success (after about a decade in the sport) he has turned into this whiny little bitch that is VERY unappealing. Martin, how about you just shut up and drive for once...... Maybe Barney quit so he didn't have to listen to Truex and Pearn any more. ;)
MTJ has always been bratty. Its just noticed now since he’s in the spotlight.

@DSquad48’s & I’s favorite moment is when he fired his entire pit crew over a loose wheel.

Oh brother. Bitching about someone bitching about MTJ bitching. :)

Very blunt answer, but Truex is right to an extent. This is the most speed HMS has shown on an intermediate in a while. Maybe they got car dialed in better than most other teams, but they need to show more consistency as a company to really be a threat. Its a very straight-forward answer and HMS fans can be extremely defensive at times, no offense guys. A bit of an overreaction.

At the same time, its interesting that Truex wants more practice time. There were only two sessions on Saturday compared to three practices. Less practice time keeps teams on their heels, it seems like Truex thrives a bit more when it comes to having more time to dial in a car. HMS were fast from the jump, so it happens, but that's a big piece of the puzzle. Having a fast car from the start is what you want, goes to show HMS has been working hard on their intermediate program. Lets see how they are come Kentucky.

It's not that he was wrong about anything he said, just that he would have been better off not saying it. Do you think any of the four HMS drivers would have answered the question the same way if the situation was reversed?

I've noticed the hate for Truex and I don't get it. He's earned some respect in the garage in my opinion so I guess people will have to deal with it.

The hate is because the more success he has the more of a dick he becomes.

Harvick is far far worse than MTJ in terms of being a tool on the radio and etc.

Harvick has ALWAYS been a snarky jerk, it's just is who he is, and I think some of it is just a put-on. Truex seems to have developed some sense of entitlement the last few years.

Truex thinks everybody should race him how he races them whatever that is. I don't pay much attention to either one of them. With Kez ya never know which tangent he is off on weekly. Nothing much bothers Joey, but he tends to drive mad, while wearing a smile on his face.

Harvick has ALWAYS been a snarky jerk, it's just is who he is, and I think some of it is just a put-on. Truex seems to have developed some sense of entitlement the last few years.

Well, when you wake up one day and have to fill in for The Intimidator...

I've noticed the hate for Truex and I don't get it. He's earned some respect in the garage in my opinion so I guess people will have to deal with it.

He drives a Gibbs Toyota.

Bowman: 97% of laps completed, 186 laps lead, 1 win, 4 top 5s, 6 top 10s.

Elliott: 99% of laps completed, 406 laps lead, 1 win, 6 top 5s, 7 top 10s

You choose if his mind games are warranted.
6 and 7 top 10s in what? 15.. 16 races? And a plate win. Yeah Bowman killed it the other day I'll give him that but what about the rest of the team? There are two more drivers stats missing there... sure they're getting better as the season goes on but HMS has been less than impressive as a whole imo.. I think one thing that makes them seem better is the lack SHR wins.. although they do seem improved from the last fee seasons

As is typical, the only negative stuff I have ever heard about Martin Truex Junior only lives here. Small sample size, but the opportunities that I have had to be in his company have been fabulous from his time at Waltrip to FRR top JGR.

it seems like Truex thrives a bit more when it comes to having more time to dial in a car.

That has been a trend this year. He has been slow-ish off the truck. Interesting, really....more data with teammates, but it's taking him longer to get up to speed.

That has been a trend this year. He has been slow-ish off the truck. Interesting, really....more data with teammates, but it's taking him longer to get up to speed.
That shows a good race team. Pearn.

I still stand by what I've said about Truex as a driver though. Think he is a step below the more elite drivers of the last decade.

Even as of today, I feel Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, Larson are all better drivers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That shows a good race team. Pearn.

I still stand by what I've said about Truex as a driver though. Think he is a step below the more elite drivers of the last decade.

Even as of today, I feel Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, Larson are all better drivers.

I don't think I would argue that (kind of), but with Pearn, he is a threat every week....including the last one. IMO that is all that really matters. The "kind of" part I was referring to, however, is his superiority on road courses. He really is on a different level. IMO road course ability is the significant expression of talent. How does a guy who--to your point--is probably in a different place talent-wise outperform those other guys on a road course? It's really interesting. His line out of the carousel was so much better than anyone else in Sonoma, it was ridiculous.

In regard to the unloading.....yeah, Pearn obviously can adjust on it, and get Martin what he needs, but my question is....What goes on in the set up at the shop that seemingly always has these guys on their heels, and really costs them when they have limited practice time? Such interesting stuff....

MTJ has always been bratty. Its just noticed now since he’s in the spotlight.

@DSquad48’s & I’s favorite moment is when he fired his entire pit crew over a loose wheel.
15624394272580835.gif

I don't think I would argue that (kind of), but with Pearn, he is a threat every week....including the last one. IMO that is all that really matters. The "kind of" part I was referring to, however, is his superiority on road courses. He really is on a different level. IMO road course ability is the significant expression of talent. How does a guy who--to your point--is probably in a different place talent-wise outperform those other guys on a road course? It's really interesting. His line out of the carousel was so much better than anyone else in Sonoma, it was ridiculous.

In regard to the unloading.....yeah, Pearn obviously can adjust on it, and get Martin what he needs, but my question is....What goes on in the set up at the shop that seemingly always has these guys on their heels, and really costs them when they have limited practice time? Such interesting stuff....
A road course is a track on the cup circuit. You know? There's still only so much a driver can do. Driving on banked ovals and flat short tracks takes a different skill set than driving on road courses. Road courses are the outliers. Ambrose was better at road courses than most everyone, didn't make him the same "type" of talent, And he did it with lesser equipment.

What I will say is that they are arguably the best duo in the best equipment right now and overall as a team, very elite.

Back
Top Bottom