My daughters' friends' friend, Christina Grimmie, killed by a whack job

Benevolent One

Team Owner
I didn't want to post this in the last few days because of how much attention the night club shooting has been getting, and rightly so, it is a tragedy.

However, this incident with Christina Grimmie has touched both of my daughters pretty deeply. They are both pretty good online friends with several members of the band Before You Exit, the band Grimmie was touring with, and performing with the night she was killed. She was a long time friend of the band's members. My girls also really liked her as well, although they didn't know her personally like they did the guys in the band.

I didn't want to post this in the last few days because of how much attention the night club shooting has been getting, and rightly so, it is a tragedy.

However, this incident with Christina Grimmie has touched both of my daughters pretty deeply. They are both pretty good online friends with several members of the band Before You Exit, the band Grimmie was touring with, and performing with the night she was killed. She was a long time friend of the band's members. My girls also really liked her as well, although they didn't know her personally like they did the guys in the band.
There are animals out there that just have no regard for life whatsoever, man. They'll kill you in your own home, they'll kill you at work, they'll kill your children while they're in school, they'll kill you in a movie theater, at a nightclub, at the mall, after a concert, walking down the street...they'll even kill you in church right in the middle of Sunday service or Bible study. People can search for motives all they'd like, but none of it will ever make any sense to me.

There are animals out there that just have no regard for life whatsoever, man. They'll kill you in your own home, they'll kill you at work, they'll kill your children while they're in school, they'll kill you in a movie theater, at a nightclub, at the mall, after a concert, walking down the street...they'll even kill you in church right in the middle of Sunday service or Bible study. People can search for motives all they'd like, but none of it will ever make any sense to me.
I understand. There are all kinds of motives but they all kind of boil down to selfishness in one way or another. They view their wants or needs to be more important or valuable than the life of another person. Whether they are killing to fill some kind of hole they have deep down inside of themselves, or for money or power or just for convenience, like abortion, it's all about putting their own wants and needs ahead of someone else's life. It's a sickness and it only seems to be getting worse. Then again, in the "dark ages" people were pretty damn brutal as well. We have allegedly progressed and advanced as the human race, but it sure doesn't seem like it sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom