My Hunting Friends...

I'm sorry to hear that. RIP

I've slipped a few times but I wear a safety vest/harness. Alway's.
I'm amazed @ the number of hunters that don't wear or use safety equipment. Even ones that have had close calls in the past. We aren't made to climb trees. Every single time I strap my stand to the bottom of that tree to begin my climb, my safety gear gets attached. I may not be able to climb that tree as fast as those that choose not to use safety equipment but I'm not going to become a statistic either.

I'm amazed @ the number of hunters that don't wear or use safety equipment. Even ones that have had close calls in the past. We aren't made to climb trees. Every single time I strap my stand to the bottom of that tree to begin my climb, my safety gear gets attached. I may not be able to climb that tree as fast as those that choose not to use safety equipment but I'm not going to become a statistic either.
Well said

Bucky, very sorry to hear about your friend.
I'm glad my brother chooses to hunt from a blind on the ground. He might fall out of his chair, but that's better than hitting the ground out of a tree.
At 6'3" and 200 lbs., he'd make a hole.

Sad indeed. Our major problem here is hunters shooting other hunters. Every year.

Sad indeed. Our major problem here is hunters shooting other hunters. Every year.
Here in western PA I think we have more hunters that die due to health related reasons than accidents. It's not uncommon after rifle deer season opens to hear of deaths due to heart attacks and the like. People that aren't in shape do more than they are used to when it comes to hunting. Dragging that trophy buck up and down hills back to your vehicle will do that to some.

Here in western PA I think we have more hunters that die due to health related reasons than accidents. It's not uncommon after rifle deer season opens to hear of deaths due to heart attacks and the like. People that aren't in shape do more than they are used to when it comes to hunting. Dragging that trophy buck up and down hills back to your vehicle will do that to some.
That's why I can usually see the road if not my truck from my stand.

Back
Top Bottom