My Idea For A NASCAR-Themed Building In Fort Worth

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
My 1,000th post here on R-F!

As most of y'all don't know, I'm into architecture. I plan on possibly making it a career (either that, Civil Engineering, or Urban Planning - Somewhere along the lines of designing buildings, infrastructure, and cities). I figured it would be cool to make a NASCAR-themed building with a bar/restaurant, merchandise store, and arcade (after seeing several places like this on the internet), so I did. It would go in a 200x50 lot in Downtown Fort Worth, surrounded by three streets. I haven't finished it yet, so I'm not going to post the floor plans, but here are a few screen shots. *And I'm aware the rural outdoor setting in my screen shots don't match up with the urban setting of Downtown Fort Worth. :oops: The software didn't have a good picture that matched the setting, so I went with the default. Enjoy.

NASCAR Building 1.jpg
NASCAR Building 2.jpg
NASCAR Building 3.jpg
NASCAR Building 4.jpg
NASCAR Building 5.jpg
NASCAR Building 6.jpg
NASCAR Building 7.jpg
NASCAR Building 8.jpg
NASCAR Building 9.jpg

Several notes:
- I'm at my picture limit, so the restaurant/bar will be in my next post.
- The arcade is in the basement, the store is on the first floor, and the restaurant/bar is on the second floor.
- The garage doors are supposed to resemble the sides of a merchandise hauler. (Ok, they're not supposed to be glass or garage doors. When they're open they're supposed to resemble an open merchandise hauler). These are the check-out / ticket redemption counters.
- You have to use your imagination and pretend there is merchandise, shirts, die-cast cars, etc. on the shelves.
- You have to give your brain more exercise and imagine the yellow cars as old race cars on display
- The cars in the arcade are racing simulators like at the HOF in Charlotte.
- Pretend the fountain can turn into a fire pit during the winter
- The software will only turn on 8 lights at a time, which would mean only part of each screen shot would be lit, so I gave up with putting lights in, used the default lights, and brightened each picture.
- I could've made these screen shots higher quality, but I did one in higher quality and it was too dark without me putting in lights.

Complaints, negative criticism, and other opinions welcome.

A few more screen shots:

NASCAR 10.png
NASCAR 11.png
NASCAR 12.png
NASCAR 14.png

And a few more notes:

- Yes, that is a car on top of the bar. There used to be one like that in Las Vegas.
- That is an opening to the outdoors surrounding the car over the bar. I can't figure out how to put a wall there.
- In the last two pictures, that big window looks into the kitchen (which hopefully isn't too small).
- Restrooms were an afterthought. :eek: They are in the last picture on the other side of the stairs from the kitchen, and there's a pair on either end of the arcade.
- Just now thinking about this, I forgot to add more TVs to the restaurant area.
- And last, you're going to have to imagine NASCAR decorations everywhere because I haven't added those yet.

I'd go there. There used to be a NASCAR-themed restaurant/bar/arcade in Orlando we loved to go to until it closed that looked kinda like yours.

did you do that in Sketchup? I wanted to be an Architect, ended up getting a degree in Mechanical design. Either one would be good, probably more jobs in the civil area. Depends on where you live or if you don't mind moving to where the work is.

I'd go there. There used to be a NASCAR-themed restaurant/bar/arcade in Orlando we loved to go to until it closed that looked kinda like yours.

Pictures of that place online is where I got some of my ideas from. Didn't realize it had closed.

did you do that in Sketchup? I wanted to be an Architect, ended up getting a degree in Mechanical design. Either one would be good, probably more jobs in the civil area. Depends on where you live or if you don't mind moving to where the work is.

No, Chief Architect. I'm in an Architecture class in high school.

That's pretty damn awesome. I'd go there if I lived in Texas.

Back
Top Bottom