My New Buddy

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by ToyYoda, Apr 6, 2019.

1. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

I’m now in my 40’s, but for the first time in my life I’m a dog owner. This is Buster, a Pit Bull/Labrador mix who has quickly become my new best friend. He’s about 7 years old, we adopted him from my father-in-law, who is getting up in years and wasn’t really able to take care of him anymore. We’ve had him for a few weeks, and thankfully he took to us right away.

E70AAA67-9700-435B-9991-B5E8A02F37E6.jpeg 529E8241-65FD-4733-9D02-CE1D1EDAB81F.jpeg 2942814D-A156-4C08-A94B-0FB2FEC86047.jpeg D1FD6D5E-8C7B-4F49-BFEB-C15EA8FEE0D1.jpeg

sdj, 2 Sweet, kyle18fan and 9 others like this.
  2. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Awesome!

ToyYoda likes this.
  3. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Thanks, we’re really enjoying having him around.

Greg and jws926 like this.
  4. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

There's nothing like a dedicated friend. I've been away for my dog for over a week and I miss him like a member of my family. Because, that's exactly what he is.

5. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

I know our time with him will probably be relatively short as he has some years on him already, but we’re gonna enjoy him while he’s here.

We’re going on a trip next month when we’ll have to board him for a few days, I’m sure we’re gonna miss him when we’re gone too.

6. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

Awwwww!!! Please tell me he think he's a lap dog! I love pit bulls and pitty mix who think they are lap dogs.

ToyYoda likes this.
  7. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

He definitely tries to jump in my lap the first time he sees me when I’ve been gone all day. He weighs 82 pounds, so I have to brace for impact. :D

dpkimmel2001 and SpeedPagan like this.
  8. SpeedPagan

[​IMG]

I take care of this boy at my job, and he always think he's a lap dog. This is one of the rare moments he isn't trying to climb into my lap. He is a total sweetheart and a goober. Haha

ToyYoda likes this.
  9. Ilovedthe90s

Ilovedthe90s I love yoga pants

lisa and ToyYoda like this.
  10. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

That’s probably more like it. :p

Ilovedthe90s likes this.
  11. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Buster is spoiled rotten, I bet he knows it. :D House dog, Car dog, oh yeah he hit the jackpot.

DanicaFreak and ToyYoda like this.
  12. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

I think he’s got it pretty good. :D He definitely loves to ride, I have to pull him out of the truck when we get home.

Ilovedthe90s and StandOnIt like this.
  13. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

Awesome, I am happy for you my friend, I hope you and your new friend have a lot of fun together.

Ilovedthe90s and ToyYoda like this.
  14. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Thanks jws!

15. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

We have a blue female, sweetest dog on earth but she has a problem with loud noises, she will lash out at our other pit when startled. She plays with my grand baby all the time, I trust her with the kid but always supervise

Ilovedthe90s and SpeedPagan like this.
  16. kyle18fan

Best friend you could have

17. SpeedPagan

Titus (his name) is the sweetest and goofiest dog I've ever met. After my two Brittany Spaniels pass away, I may get a blue dog.

18. kyle18fan

The blue is a wonderful beast, except for the lashing out after a loud noise, we have been working with her quite a bit. The garbage truck is the biggest trigger, she goes bananas. Never snaps at people, just the other dog

ToyYoda likes this.
  19. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Pitties rule!!!!

Congrats on your new fur baby.

20. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Hick

Welcome to the world of dogs ToyYoda. You will never have a better friend. I guarantee you one thing, from here on out you will never be without a dog.

Greg and ToyYoda like this.