My race tickets came today!!!

• Thread starter 4xchampncountin
  • Start date

4xchampncountin

Hallelujah!!!!!!! I recieved my tickets for the Winston Cup race at Martinsville today. My son (a big Dale Jarrett fan) thought it was pretty cool that they came via UPS. The envelope they came in even had a big picture of DJ and his car on it. This is going to be his first race and we are both so psyched I almost can't wait.

Sounds awesome:) I might be going to my first race at Phoenix for my birthday. Hope you and your son have fun:)

Yes, being in Pittsburgh I have at least 5 hours to get to any track. Bristol is only 7, I think that's worth it over the 5 to Pocono or the 6 to Dover.

I feel ya' ciggie. Michigan is closer than Martinsville, but I am a sucker for short tracks. My tickets for Martinsville were $45 each and I got 5th row about halfway between the start/finish line and the end of the frontstretch. You can't really see the other side of track well, but the smell and getting pelted with rubber makes it all worth it. The sound up there is pretty unbelievable even with ear plugs in. :)

Have a great time. I hear Martinsville is awesome. :)

BTW, Bristol is TOTALLY worth the extra couple of hours drive. Hell, I drove there from NYC!

Originally posted by abooja
Have a great time. I hear Martinsville is awesome. :)

BTW, Bristol is TOTALLY worth the extra couple of hours drive. Hell, I drove there from NYC!

I've heard that before too. Actually the way I go to Martinsville, Bristol is almost exactly the same distance. Bristol tickets are too hard to come by and everything is much more expensive. I would like to see a Bristol night race before I die though.

Have a great time!!!!!

I'm totally jealous of you. You're going to have a blast, I'm sure!

:)

I found out the other day that one of the guys I work with is going to that race as his honeymoon. How cool would it be to spend the whole weekend at a race for your honeymoon? It sound like he has a keeper. I also found out his seats are in the same section as mine.

M'ville is a hoot! It doesn't matter where you sit. As close as you are, the pits will be right there. And that's where a lot of action is.

Enjoy the weekend.

I am soooooooooooooo jealous. I hope you and your son have a great time. Do let us know all about it when you get home.

Only problem with Bristol is I have to play two years in advance, I can't do that right now.

Lucky you. Enjoy the race in Martinsville. Have Fun

I am sitting very close to the same place I sat last year. Except these are a few rows closer and a few sections over. I will try to post some pictures when I get back. :)

Please post pictures. We'd love to see them! Hope you and your son have a wonderful time!!!!

Martinsville will be about like going to Jennerstown or Motordrome Speedways (local Pittsburgh tracks) except you will get to see the big boys run !!!!!!! Martinsville is one of the few tracks now a days where the racing is very good!

Ciggie?

Have you been to Motordrome or Jennerstown lately?? Rich Mitchell is running some Busch Races now. Hard to believe. Just a few years ago he was a newcomer to Motordrome and now he is trying to get in the big leagues!

Back
Top Bottom