NASCAR 2017 - BOLD Prediction Thread

RacerrecaR

*Screams in DW*
Before we get started, let's all give a massive round of applause and standing ovation to @dpkimmel2001 for heading up this game during the past 6 years :punkrocke

With that said, it is now that time of year where our racing withdrawals are beginning to consume us and our excitement levels for the upcoming NASCAR season are over 9000 (#insertoutdatedmemehere). What better way to get our fix than to participate in a game that all of our racing-forums.com members have an opportunity to enjoy prior to the season opener and through the season finale? Bragging rights are on the line...are you in?

****PLEASE READ ALL RULES PRIOR TO POSTING****

RULES:

• Initial entrant amount is 40 users (first come, first serve basis). Past winners of this game get an automatic "ticket" and it does not count toward the 40 entrant total. Past winners...please state the year you were crowned champion when you make your bold prediction.
  • There will be a maximum of 50 entrants when all is said and done (this includes past game winners and myself, leaving at least 3 "wildcard" entries for everyone else). Once the first 40 users (and past winners) have entered the game, there will be a vote to determine the final entrants based upon the most bold predictions.
  • Only 1 bold prediction per entrant. Make sure your first prediction is your only prediction because changes of your prediction will NOT be accepted.
  • Your bold prediction must be related to either/all of the Camping World Truck Series, Xfinity Series, or Monster Energy Cup Series. The bolder, the better.
  • Please use this thread to post ONLY your bold prediction...no random chatter or any messages other than your bold prediction (this will make my life much easier). If you like someone's prediction, hit the "like" button. If you don't like someone's prediction, ignore it and wait until the final vote of 50 entrants to state your case.
  • Bold predictions are due by 2/23 at 12:00am EST (day of the Duels)
  • Upon conclusion of the season finale, there will be a vote by all racing-forums.com members to help crown the 2017 Bold Prediction champion. Only successful predictions will be considered. If no predictions come true, there will be a vote to determine the boldest of the bold predictions that were cast.
Try to keep your prediction simple because your entire prediction has to come true for it to be considered valid at seasons' end. Also, basing your prediction on a single race alone can eliminate you from contention early on. Try to keep an eye on other predictions made before yours in order to avoid making the same prediction as another entrant.

I will periodically update everyone throughout the season on the status of all bold predictions. Are you bold enough?

(link to last year's thread for those who are new...https://racing-forums.com/threads/nascar-2016-bold-prediction-thread.52617/)

Last edited:
Just want to clarify that this rule only applies until the final 50 entrants are confirmed:
  • Please use this thread to post ONLY your bold prediction...no random chatter or any messages other than your bold prediction (this will make my life much easier). If you like someone's prediction, hit the "like" button. If you don't like someone's prediction, ignore it and wait until the final vote of 50 entrants to state your case.
Once we have 50 entrants (Daytona 500 green flag), feel free to discuss any & all things related to the bold predictions and the NASCAR season in general.

I'll use my inaugural 2011 BOLD Prediction Champion status instead of using up one of the 50 slots allotted. I did mention I was the inaugural winner, right?

BOLD PREDICTION: 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Champion Kyle Busch will win the most Segment Points this season.

Did I mention I was the inaugural BOLD Prediction Champion? Oh, I see I did.

And, thanks to @RacerrecaR for taking this thread over.

Joey Logano and Kyle Busch dominate the circuit this season both winning at least four races

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold prediction: We will have 16 different winners making up the chase/playoff field.
I can't edit this but my point was more towards stating that nobody would point their way in this year. Not saying there will be exactly 16 winners since there could technically be more.

Bold Prediction: Dale Jr will not complete the 2017 season & declare retirement.

Not a happy one, but:

Through court proceedings or other media leaks, NASCAR admits to manipulating race outcomes for years. NASCAR forced to re-brand as "Sport Entertainment".

Alright, here's my actual prediction...

Jimmie Johnson goes winless, announces retirement before season end

There, some positive hedging should my boy **** the bed and call it quits ;)

Back
Top Bottom