NASCAR 2019 - BOLD Prediction Thread - The VOTE

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by pjmolo, Nov 20, 2019.

?

Of predictions proven to be true, which of these is the most BOLD prediction of 2019 ?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2019.
  1. Ryan Newman finishes higher in the (MENCS) points than Austin Dillon.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. Jimmie Johnson goes winless for a second straight year.

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  3. At least one MENCS winner will fail to make the playoff field.

19 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. No driver will lose a win due to penalty in MENCS.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjmolo

pjmolo Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .

The 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series has come to an end with just FOUR predictions posted prior to the start of the season having been proven to be entirely correct.

Predictions with multiple parts are eligible to be considered as the most bold only if all parts of the prediction were proven to be true.

Each of the four correct predictions is eligible to be considered as the most bold prediction of the year.

The decision as to which one is the MOST BOLD is up to you.

Each member of the board can vote one time and one time only.

Voting closes after 10 days. Votes can be changed until the voting window closes.

The entire list of predictions is as follows:

2019 Bold Predictions - #1.jpg 2019 Bold Predictions - #2.jpg

Turtle84 and AuzGrams like this.
  2. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

TOUGH decision

3. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Nobody saw Justin Haley and Spire Motorsports napalming the summer Daytona race ever happening.

2 Sweet, LewTheShoe and Larsonfan1995 like this.
  4. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Nope, but I gotta make my total failure at prediction sting less so I'm voting for Jim Jam.

5. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Remember the Gator

Of course Newman beat All Hat; the other way around would have been bolder.

After '17 and '18, I wasn't surprised JJ went empty handed.

I'm not a bit surprised no Cup teams lost a victory due to DQ. Some would say they wised up after seeing Truck and X teams get their knuckles whacked, others would say it's just typical NASCAR playing favorites again. Either way, that one doesn't surprise me either.

Gotta go with Lew. Maybe his prediction was on the theory that there would be so many race winners some of them would be left in the cold. Or maybe he foresaw a part-timer would win a race, even a plate race, and deny someone a slot. Either strikes me as bolder than the other three.

6. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

Thank you for your support. If I'm elected, you will be my Secretary of Stock Car Racing, a new cabinet-level post that will have broad power and ample budget to get the job done. My campaign platform will be...

"A chicken in every pot; a badass hot rod in every garage."

aunty dive and JJ_14 like this.
  7. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

I voted for @LewTheShoe. I don't know if he thought there'd be some fluke win like Justin Haley's win, or if he thought someone would win but run so bad throughout the season that they missed the playoff. Either way, spot on.

2 Sweet, LewTheShoe and JJ_14 like this.
  8. JJ_14

JJ_14 Formerly Elliot_Fan_9

9. RacerrecaR

RacerrecaR Orange cone

A 7-time champ going winless for 2+ years is much more bold of a prediction than a winning driver not making the playoffs. There are 3 pre-playoff plate races every year and we all know EVERY driver has a chance to win those races even if they only run 1 race per year in the worst equipment in the field. The other predictions aren't bold at all to me.

10. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Johali Lives

Jimmie Johnson goes winless for a second straight year.

JJ_14 likes this.
  11. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

To be fair, unless I'm forgetting one(Cup only) everyone who's won in the WIN AND YOUR IN ERA has well, made it in. Like I said, I could be forgetting someone, but if not, and Justin was the first to do that well, it's actually pretty bold. Cause you mention those three plate races before the playoffs, but if you look at the winners, it's people who also made the playoffs because of it.

LewTheShoe and Charlie Spencer like this.
  12. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

Gotta go with JJ. Even with his abysmal season I think we all thought hed find a way to win 1

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

Gotta say it’s Lew. Justin Haley winning may be the biggest upset ever. But with a little financial incentive I may be willing to alter my vote ;)

LewTheShoe likes this.
  14. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Richard Petty went how many years without a win? Eight?

Gotta be @LewTheShoe .... The rest aren't very bold IMO

LewTheShoe and Charlie Spencer like this.
  15. pjmolo

pjmolo Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .

Indeed he is as he predicted that:
    Because Johnson made his announcement the day after the "Bold Prediction - The VOTE" thread was created, the prediction by @fergy1370 wasn't included among those to be voted upon.

To correct that omission, a new, improved, and updated "NASCAR 2019 - Bold Prediction - The VOTE" thread will be created immediately. The existing "VOTE" thread will then be deleted.

Sorry for any confusion over the matter but hopefully those that have already voted will reconsider the choices and submit their votes and comments ASAP.

To those that haven't voted,

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.