NASCAR/CARS rules

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)

Needs to happen, but needs to be NASCAR rules. Otherwise, more $100,000 cars will just bolt on a 450 and run in Charger.

So Andy, was the spindle offset or not? I thought you might have someinside scoop

So Andy, was the spindle offset or not? I thought you might have someinside scoop

This story is gonna blow up, I think.

This kind of home cooking has been going on at Hickory for years.

Huffman is already planning to run Florence for the remainder of the year.

Now that I'm in front of a computer ... from my understanding of the whole Hickory situation, Brown was found to be illegal in tech, but the DQ has essentially been overturned by Kevin Piercy.

It's not unprecedented though. Back in 2014, Haley Moody was found wrong in tech after a Late Model race and the DQ was ultimately a championship deciding call. Michael Diaz, who managed tech that night because his tech people were at Pulaski, was the one who called her wrong. (She came across light because of fuel.) However, when he found out that tech had been letting drivers slide all year on fuel, he overturned the penalty and allowed Haley to keep her points.

As for Hickory, these accusations have simmered for years involving Matt Piercy's team. Matt won a championship several years ago and the legitimacy of it was called into question by most racers at the track.

Track owners' kids racing at their track is nothing new, but the type of shenanigans Hickory is accused of aren't as prevalent at other tracks - mainly because those other tracks realize the optics and are very transparent. Michael Diaz one time, had his son's motor torn down in the open, on pit road, in front of the other teams and fans.

If there was transparency at Hickory, which there isn't, and the process truly is fair and honest, there would be no questions.

Now that I'm in front of a computer ... from my understanding of the whole Hickory situation, Brown was found to be illegal in tech, but the DQ has essentially been overturned by Kevin Piercy.

It's not unprecedented though. Back in 2014, Haley Moody was found wrong in tech after a Late Model race and the DQ was ultimately a championship deciding call. Michael Diaz, who managed tech that night because his tech people were at Pulaski, was the one who called her wrong. (She came across light because of fuel.) However, when he found out that tech had been letting drivers slide all year on fuel, he overturned the penalty and allowed Haley to keep her points.

As for Hickory, these accusations have simmered for years involving Matt Piercy's team. Matt won a championship several years ago and the legitimacy of it was called into question by most racers at the track.

Track owners' kids racing at their track is nothing new, but the type of shenanigans Hickory is accused of aren't as prevalent at other tracks - mainly because those other tracks realize the optics and are very transparent. Michael Diaz one time, had his son's motor torn down in the open, on pit road, in front of the other teams and fans.

If there was transparency at Hickory, which there isn't, and the process truly is fair and honest, there would be no questions.
I'm very experienced with this type of stuff. As you know Charlie Powell who ran Florence before he sold it to Steve also ran Summerville Speedway where his two sons Charles Powell III and Robert Powell ran early in their careers and he was accused of favortism just about on a weekly basis, Robert won the Winston Racing Series National Championship in 1988 and Charles won the Winston Racing Series Southeast Championship in 1985.

It got to the point where it was so bad he told his sons they had to go run other tracks and thats when they ventured up to Myrtle Beach Speedway and promptly dominated that Track too, Charles won the 1998 Atlantic Seaboard Championship and finished 4th in the country in the National standings and won 4 Track Championships and Robert won several Track titles and even Ventured up to Martinsville and won the big show and Charles had 4th place finish. It was Vindication for Charlie who tried to tell people his sons won because the put in the work and could build them and set them up and they learned under him.

I'd like to see more of what happened with this and if any of the competitors had the parts sent to Daytona for unbiased inspection like they did to us on a weekly basis, Myrtle Beach Speedway had a regular stop by FedEx to pick up the parts on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom