NASCAR CHANGES REQUIRED

G

gandb77

It would appear that Nascar has over-regulated the entire racing picture. With all the specified required rules and specs it appears that all cars are basically the same. This results in races where passing is limited and overall racing is "Follow the leader" I say, eliminate all the required specs, reduce speed, and let the various teams make decisions on how to make their cars faster and more driveble.
Used to be better and more exciting races before Nascar got into over-regulating.
Just a thought.

It would appear that Nascar has over-regulated the entire racing picture. With all the specified required rules and specs it appears that all cars are basically the same. This results in races where passing is limited and overall racing is "Follow the leader" I say, eliminate all the required specs, reduce speed, and let the various teams make decisions on how to make their cars faster and more driveble.
Used to be better and more exciting races before Nascar got into over-regulating.
Just a thought.

I would like to see car chiefs and crew chiefs have more latitude in setting up their car.

Just a thought.

I remember when second place was only 2 laps behind the leader, what an exciting finish that was. NOT

Be careful what you ask for, you may get it.

Ahh, the good ol' days.

Remember when a 500 mile race was more about making sure your engine didn't blow up rather than having an actual good finish? Mmm I miss the days when only 10 cars actually finished the 500 mile endurance race. :p /s

Remember when a 500 mile race was more about making sure your engine didn't blow up rather than having an actual good finish? Mmm I miss the days when only 10 cars actually finished the 500 mile endurance race. :p /s
I have to admit though..... I still long for the 500 mile race @ Dover. I went to many of those including the last one held there. I never left feeling that I got too much NASCAR.

I'm not sure , under today's system , that you would get a lot of seperation. First you have crew chiefs exchanging info within teams , then some are passing on info to satellite teams , then manufacturers like TRD are passing along info. It might serve to make the single car operations a little slower , but even they are smarter than they ever were . It still comes down to driver . Case in point Larson in the 42.

Few people have already said this, but that would make racing worse, Knaus would have that 48 to 10 straight Championships by now. Cars being "similar" allows for the driver to have a bigger influence, look at Eric Jones in the 54 today, wasnt driving at all like Kyle Busch.

Few people have already said this, but that would make racing worse, Knaus would have that 48 to 10 straight Championships by now. Cars being "similar" allows for the driver to have a bigger influence, look at Eric Jones in the 54 today, wasnt driving at all like Kyle Busch.
Yeah, you could really tell it wasn't Kybu in there.

See my sig. He's one of the race car drivers that spelled Jimmy correctly, unlike that "Jimmie" character.

Oh yes Jimmy "Mr. Excrement" Spencer. One of the last drivers to use an open face helmet and one who probably took years off Travis Carter's life.

See my sig. He's one of the race car drivers that spelled Jimmy correctly, unlike that "Jimmie" character.

He had to for marketing reasons, Jimmy Johnson the former NFL head coach also raced (and crashed a lot) Nascar.

I'm guessing from the tone of your post that you're not a fan.

In reality I think Spencer was quite a character. Apparently he was on a Nascar related program after he retired and the people seemed to just hate him or loved to hate him. Whatever he did/said really riled them up.

They are really putting a lot of pressure on that kid. All the hype may end up hurting him more than it helps.
That's what I was thinking. He needs to grow at a pace he can keep up with. Not everybody is a kyle busch.

Just a thought.

See the comments in the truck race thread about the field being too spread out and the leader having a 9 second lead .

In reality I think Spencer was quite a character. Apparently he was on a Nascar related program after he retired and the people seemed to just hate him or loved to hate him. Whatever he did/said really riled them up.

Definitely a character. Part of why I like him. Lots of people liked him on Race Hub and when he was on Raceday, and both shows are a lot less fun than they used to be when he was on imo.

Definitely a character. Part of why I like him. Lots of people liked him on Race Hub and when he was on Raceday, and both shows are a lot less fun than they used to be when he was on imo.

Jimmy always kept things lively and he probably still is wherever he is and whatever he is doing.

I loved Jimmie as a driver but thought he went a bit too far as a commentator . He actually picked fights with drivers and made fun of them . To keep a job in this sport , you need them on your side .

Couldn't find anything new about Jimmy Spencer since an interview dated 5/12 that he was going to retire, and travel, and return to Pennsylvania to do gardening.

Back
Top Bottom