NASCAR Channel?

66mustang

I think it would be a good idea for NASCAR to have its own channel. That way, they could cover all the different divisions and not have all this bad coverage. Also, they could cover all the practices and when there is no racing going on they can show the 'real racing' back in the early days. Just a thought.

sounds like a great idea to me..I would like it...........:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I kinda like the idea, mustang..... but they would prolly make it either pay per view or a premium channel. don't forget it is now NA$CA$H, and $$$$$$$ rules. Such a shame (sigh)

The NASCAR Channel is on Speed Channel and it is called NASCAR TV. They do show older races and they show races every Monday night from some of the lower divisions.

Originally posted by 66mustang
I think it would be a good idea for NASCAR to have its own channel.  That way, they could cover all the different divisions and not have all this bad coverage.  Also, they could cover all the practices and when there is no racing going on they can show the 'real racing' back in the early days.  Just a thought.

Unless it's a pay channel (and at a healthly penny) it would be commercial supported and you would have the same type of coverage. Lot's of commercials and paid commentators. They would likely opt for popular broadcast people and they don't come cheap. I don't see an advantage.

If only NASCAR wasn't all about the money... [/Q

It's a business......make money or close down.

Yea but it seems NASCAR is going to extremes.

They are going for whatever the market will bear.......looks like they haven't reached that yet. When they do, they will have to back off a little. They go too far and don't back off then they go bankrupt or at least back to small time. Nature of capitolism. I hate it, you hate it, everyone hates it.....but we still keep watching and going to races. When we stop they will change. But not before. Sad fact, but true.:(

What are the chances an all-NASCAR pay channel would be reasonably priced? If they make it widely available, they could make the $ in sheer volume, no? I would LOVE a channel like that! :)

Originally posted by abooja
What are the chances an all-NASCAR pay channel would be reasonably priced? If they make it widely available, they could make the $ in sheer volume, no? I would LOVE a channel like that! :)

I could go for that......but what would the price be? Same as HBO or Starz? I would bet about twice as much. Yeah, there are a lot of NASCAR fans out here........but not as many as just plain old movie fans. Would you give 20 bucks a month for an exclusively NASCAR channel? 38 races a year spread over 9 or 10 months plus whatever you have to pay to go to a race? That's pretty expensive for the average fan. It sounds good but I'm afraid the cost would negate all the good when it comes down to how much it would cost.

Maybe if they would include alot of the smaller divisions.

TNN, ESPN, Speed all do that already......I don't see an exclusively NASCAR channel on the horizon any time soon. If it were to happen, then NASCAR would suffer much more than it would gain.

They already do...Speed.

Would be nice to see other motorsports covered as much as NASCAR is.

Originally posted by paul
They already do...Speed.

Would be nice to see other motorsports covered as much as NASCAR is.

Me too Paul........guess I'm gonna have to get that digital cable service AT&T Broadband has. Their analog doesn't offer it.:(

Yep I too dont get the Speed channel. It was hard enough to get FX, and I doubt they will give in for Speed too. No digital cable out where I live...

you would have to pay about 50.00 a month for it to be worth it to nascar. remember it only happens once a week where they get large viewing num,bers. if it werent true, how many members do you think we would have here? 100 fold more;)

Dang, I live WAYYYY out in the sticks, and we got Speed Channel and FX on cable, just one step above basic package. And they say all the good stuff is in the big cities...:rolleyes:

If you have cable you are paying to view Nascar.People will be paying more for cable in the next 5 years,Than they pay for electric.The only way to beat it is listen on the radio.;)

Barlepure mine runs about the same,Who would have thunk it.Where is my rabbit ears,cost 10.00 new=6 channels on a good day.Priceless:p I spent a fortune on alumunum foil.:p

I've got digital cable and get Speed Channel, FX, and all the rest, but I only pay around $60/month. Should I be kissing the ground?

Hey my counter is stuck on 890.Whats up PAUL?I am like Martin,I am going backwards. :rolleyes:

Mine includes every movie channel known to man, including HBO on demand, for the wife. It is a nice trade off. :D

Hell man I couldn't even begin to name half of mine.I have seen some good old movies though,I like watching Archie Bunker,That guy was ate up.:p

would Nascar own it? if so they would charge you extra just to get the channel

That $60/month only pays for cable. I pay an additional $40/month for my cable modem. What a scam, huh?

BTW, it's RoadRunner too. Another good reason to get the hell out of New York. They even charge you for fresh air around here, what little there is. :rolleyes:

abooja, I think I saw that movie. Didn't it star Kurt Russell and Adrienne Barbeau? With Lee Van Cleef?

Then they made a sequel about LA

Man that little Roadrunner must have to work twice as hard to get to the city.Thats double mine here in the worthless nut state.:rolleyes:

at least you guys dont have Adelphia....they cant seem to get their **** straight

we've had nothing but problems with them.

I think they all use the same Acct.Firm[Dewey Cheetam,& Howell] From The Three Stooges Show. :p

Back
Top Bottom