NASCAR experiences for UK tourist

S

Stewart Cameron

Hi,

I am due to visit a few cities in Ohio and Michigan as a tourist from the UK in February/March 2019. I was wanting to attend some sort of NASCAR event as a spectator and / or take part in a driving experience where I can pay to drive a car around a track. I see there are various companies offering this but I can't seem to find anything in those states taking place at that time. Everything seems to start up around May time. I guess this is weather related but I wondered if anyone could help and point me to some options for spectating / driving experience in those areas at that time of year?

S

Indeed, there won't be much racing going on up in those states during that time frame, due to winter weather conditions.

If you want to see a race, particularly in one of the top three series, you'll need to tack a side trip to a warmer part of the country. I imagine the same would be true with any of the driving experiences.

You're more than welcome to come visit us here in sunny and warm Las Vegas! :) NASCAR weekend is the first weekend in March. There are also multiple driving experiences available here: NASCAR and Indycar on the big oval, and two different exotic super car courses.

http://www.lvms.com/tickets/nascar/pennzoil-400/

https://www.nascarracingexperience.com/lasvegas/

It’s not NASCAR, but the only major race that I know of during that time in either state is the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt series at Atomic Speedway in Chilicothe. That series is the biggest dirt stock car series in the states. That race is usually around mid March , though it is sometimes delayed or cancelled due to the weather. It’s usually pretty rainy that time of year and it will most likely be almost freezing temperatures at night... I don’t think there are any other big races in either state during either of those months unfortunately...

It’s not NASCAR, but the only major race that I know of during that time in either state is the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt series at Atomic Speedway in Chilicothe. That series is the biggest dirt stock car series in the states. That race is usually around mid March , though it is sometimes delayed or cancelled due to the weather. It’s usually pretty rainy that time of year and it will most likely be almost freezing temperatures at night... I don’t think there are any other big races in either state during either of those months unfortunately...
X2
Highly recommend a dirt late model race.

Back
Top Bottom