"NASCAR in Primetime" Premieres Wednesday, Aug. 15 at 10/9c

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
"NASCAR in Primetime" Premieres Wednesday, Aug. 15 at 10/9c: Stock car racing has its origins in Prohibition-era bootlegging and until recent years was popular mainly with Southern white men. Today, NASCAR casts a far wider net. NASCAR is a multibillion-dollar empire built on brilliant marketing, speed and the American dream. It already has a firm hold on the hearts and minds of Americans and now it's fixing its eye on the rest of the world. NASCAR in Primetime is the first time that NASCAR has given any news organization uncensored access to its inner workings. ABC News spent six months following drivers, fans and officials, documenting everything that happened on and off the racetrack. Our cameras saw people and places that NASCAR has never before allowed to be filmed for TV. For the first time, viewers will get an inside look at the real world of NASCAR. The show will air the next five Wednesday's, starting August 15th [thru Sept 12th], at 10:00pm/et on ABC. (ABC)

Why oh why does it have to be on at the same time as TWO OTHER shows I watch are on?!! At least they show repeats of the others so I'm going to watch, but I sure wish there was something else on TV at different times!

You can count on me watching the show. It should look good on the 50 in. Plasma. :)

Who watched? I thought it was a good show and will probably watch the rest.

I found it very interesting. I had to reach for a tissue when Mark was talking about his dad. I think I understand more his desire to spend time with Matt.

It was pretty good, at least good enough for me to continue watching the future shows. Montoya's wife was interesting. martin though was the star IMO. Why the heck did they have Sauter on the show.

my dad and I liked it. But why did they pick those 3 drivers? OR at least sauter anyways..were they the only 3 that would allow big brother's cameras (pun) into their lives?

Looks like they may have to rename the show "the montoya show" considering hjow much airtime he got...though at least it was equal with martin.

They were trying to show the veteran that's toward the end of his career, the rookie sensation, and the young guy who's with a team not considered one of the elite teams. Considering Sauter's family history, I thought it was a good choice. He had some interesting comments on his dad and what his dad has to show for years of racing. I thought that part was depressing.

The show, overall, was good. The biggest thing I didn't like about it was some of the fans they used. You had the token black guys and a few goofballs that made race fans look like a bunch of dummies. There are plenty of intelligent race fans out there, could they not find any of those?

Considering Sauter's family history, I thought it was a good choice. He had some interesting comments on his dad and what his dad has to show for years of racing. I thought that part was depressing.

So did I, MRM. I think I understand what drive the Sauter boys now.

And you are right about some of the fans. However, that little boy in the 99 hat had enough intelligence for 3 grownups. Fantastic kid. :)

However, that little boy in the 99 hat had enough intelligence for 3 grownups. Fantastic kid. :)

I thought that kid was so cute and soooooooooo smart!!! I loved him!! I enjoyed the show and will watch again next week.

The show was so-so for me.

For one, the show or aleast that episode seem to revolve around Montoya. I did not like that.

The other thing about this show was that it might bring negative feedbacks to some drivers..like Sauter. I think at the beginning of the show he came across as a whiner complaining and swearing all he could. I didn't care for Sauter iether way but now its like even worse.

Back
Top Bottom