Nascar looks at collusion!!!!

I’d be even more shocked if anything came of it than when Harvick missed the Phoenix Bowl

Jones was told not to pass hamlin

I read the article, but really what do they plan on doing? Obviously Harvick spun Kyle on purpose, but that didnt change the circumstances any. Most they can do is fine Harvick. Jones likely held back and avoided passing Hamlin, but can they prove that and can they actually do anything? It's a much different situation than what Bowyer did years ago at Richmond. If they take Hamlin out, will they give it to Harvick even after possibly give him a fine? I didn't like what I saw, but I don't see anything coming out of this.

It seemed obvious Jones was faster than Hamlin and could have gotten around him. With them having it on radio saying not to pass him, there is some evidence. Is the "100% rule" still a thing? This would violate that for sure.

Team orders are either allowed or banned. Either is OK. What doesn't work is claiming they are banned and looking the other way at a 'lesser offense', because then they inevitably accelerate and stuff like Spingate happens. Racing teams will always push the limits, and when the tolerance is extended, push it a little farther to see what the real limit is.

The system is awful and invites this stuff on a continual basis. It's a miracle it doesn't occur more often, and I often praise NASCAR culture for the relative lack of team shenanigans.

Given what NASCAR has said is allowed and not, if NASCAR has audio of the #20 being instructed not to pass the #11, that is the violation. No benefit of the doubt and obfuscating from that point forward. A penalty should follow.

If nascar feels like it they definitely have a case here. Them being let off the hook, removing Hamlin from the final 4, or anything in between wouldn't surprise me.

Given what NASCAR has said is allowed and not, if NASCAR has audio of the #20 being instructed not to pass the #11, that is the violation. No benefit of the doubt and obfuscating from that point forward. A penalty should follow.
And that penalty should exceed what they did to MWR for the very same thing.
They killed an entire team in Nascar and cost people their jobs. Does that mean JGR gets a pass or a slap on the hand????

The 20 laps times slowed down when he caught the 11. The 19 was the fastest car on the track when he had to come in for a loose wheel. Once he the 20 his lap times also slowed down and made no attempt to pass. Add in what the team told Erik it’s obvious that he wasn’t going to pass Denny. Fine JGR over 100k, start the race at the end of the field and a 5 point penalty or take him out and add Harvick. The boys at the Daytona office are not happy that nbc released the audio.

popcorn.jpg

Logano and Elliott in by wins
3. Denny Hamlin +9
4. Brad Keselowski +8

5. Kevin Harvick -8
6. Alex Bowman -29

take 20 points from Hamlin n Harvick both are still in
take 50 Bowman is in

Eliminate Hamlin penalize Harvick put bowman in so he can win the championship and nascar will finally realise what a joke of a sport this has become.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Eliminate Hamlin penalize Harvick put bowman in so he can win the championship and nascar will finally realise what a joke of a sport this has become.

Ps go chase

I seriously expect little to come from this, but it was OBVIOUS Jones hit the brakes and paced behind Hambone (as did Martin). Not the first time teammates have helped or protected their own and won't be the last. But, radio orders make it look like cheating and that can be deadly for NASCAR.

Wally Brown, competition director for Joe Gibbs Racing, said Monday that “we don’t have team orders.

“It’s just not the way we race. If you listen to that whole transcript, there was a lot of talk about point implications across the board from multiple teams. Let’s face it, at that point in time, Denny was not going to let him around. They probably would have crashed if they would have tried to. If he would have tried to make a pass, he probably would have crashed both of them, no different than the last-lap effort (by Kevin Harvick in wrecking Kyle Busch).

“The stakes are high. You’re not going to give up those spots, you’re going to do everything you can. That’s the way I look at it.”

9c81ed7256e2d1247d5aa92c23fe0a51.jpg

Maybe they will eliminate H and H and put Bowman in. :growl:

This is obvious. If this is allowed better have a teammate....

Force the 11 to start at the rear & make the 11 have the worst/last pit stall selection plus a huge fine (500K to 1mil).

Force the 11 to start at the rear & make the 11 have the worst/last pit stall selection plus a huge fine (500K to 1mil).

JGR and the #11 would look at that and be relieved that they did it, since it beats not doing it and being eliminated. I'm sure SHR would pay the same price to be in.

Why is the 4’s move being reviewed? What is different from what he did vs Newman and Larson in 2014?

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom