NASCAR may further reduce how many Xfinity races Cup drivers can compete

Busch said: “I don’t think that’s a battle that I’ll ever win, so I’m best off keeping my mouth shut.’’

I get on Kyle's case when he says something I don't care for so I will have to give him some praise for being wise.

lol of course harvick and Busch are gonna bitch about it. Don't see very many cup drivers in the truck series anymore at all and it's the best series on the circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvick left out the part about how much you have to pay a cup driver over the other driver..and if the other driver starts to win races and sponsors come calling.

Both series are going to have to go on a serious cost reduction diet when the current TV contract expires. I personally think it will make for better racing in the X series if there were more one or two car teams and less involvement by the big cup teams.

I don't see Harvicks point. How can a xfinity driver learn from a cup driver when the cuppers are running top 5 and the inexperienced xfinity driver is in 20th????
3 xfinty drivers have won a grand total of 4 races out of the 17 run...
New York Yankees are coming to my grand kids day care to play a best of 3 series T ball this weekend....

I don't see Harvicks point. How can a xfinity driver learn from a cup driver when the cuppers are running top 5 and the inexperienced xfinity driver is in 20th????
3 xfinty drivers have won a grand total of 4 races out of the 17 run...
New York Yankees are coming to my grand kids day care to play a best of 3 series T ball this weekend....
Set the tee really low...

I don't like just 5 races. Keep it 10 but make it 10 specific Xfinity races that will feature Cup drivers.

They should keep the 5 year Cup experience rule as well. It really helps the development of young drivers in my opinion, Kyle Larson especially.

If they are good enough to earn a cup ride let then stay there, if they aren't, get somebody else in the seat and let them run in the Xfinity or trucks full time if they can find a ride.

If they are good enough to earn a cup ride let then stay there, if they aren't, get somebody else in the seat and let them run in the Xfinity or trucks full time if they can find a ride.

I just don't see what bothers so many about Cup drivers in the Xfinity series. They are great for it in my opinion. I disagree with the limits but if there going to limit them then they should do it more like I mentioned above.

I enjoy watching these young guys race veterans. Take Cup guys away and you don't have that anymore. Not that the racing would be worse it just wouldn't have that wow factor of beating Cup driver like Byron did today.

I don't get the stealing points stuff either. These Xfinity drivers get the points they earn. Cup drivers don't effect that championship one bit. If a Xfinity drivers wants locked in their going to have to win and possibly beat a Cup driver.

I just don't see what bothers so many about Cup drivers in the Xfinity series. They are great for it in my opinion. I disagree with the limits but if there going to limit them then they should do it more like I mentioned above.

I enjoy watching these young guys race veterans. Take Cup guys away and you don't have that anymore. Not that the racing would be worse it just wouldn't have that wow factor of beating Cup driver like Byron did today.

I don't get the stealing points stuff either. These Xfinity drivers get the points they earn. Cup drivers don't effect that championship one bit. If a Xfinity drivers wants locked in their going to have to win and possibly beat a Cup driver.
They are still Vets(Sadler for example) in the series. Could have guys like Biff who can't get a Cup ride race there. Guys who've retired maybe even(Tony, Dale Jr(starting next year), Gordon, Edwards). If you want to see how they can do against a Cup guy put them in a Cup race. Simple as that.

They are still Vets(Sadler for example) in the series. Could have guys like Biff who can't get a Cup ride race there. Guys who've retired maybe even(Tony, Dale Jr(starting next year), Gordon, Edwards). If you want to see how they can do against a Cup guy put them in a Cup race. Simple as that.

Which I'd love to see more veterans run full time in the series after being done with Cup but the schedule is just as rough and not as accommodating. You can't just put young guys in Cup because those cars are filled, that's why you get Cup drivers coming down because there are cars available.

There is no reason for Cup drivers to be in the minor leagues. You will still have some excitement with part time or former cup drivers like Sadler or (pretty soon) Kahne, Allgaier etc that will keep things interesting. Also put Danica back in there and you have a decent series.

Which I'd love to see more veterans run full time in the series after being done with Cup but the schedule is just as rough and not as accommodating. You can't just put young guys in Cup because those cars are filled, that's why you get Cup drivers coming down because there are cars available.
Well I mean, to be fair I didn't say all of them had to be full time. Jr, Edwards, Gordon, etc could just do races here and there. The Vets who can run full time be the ones who can't get a Cup ride or at least a good Cup ride.

But seriously, how many other motorsports series are there where you have guys running full-time at the top level and most of the season in the development series at the same time? Forget stick and ball comparisons (like the ones Brock Beard made when he opined that the Cuppers are killing the Xfinity Series), you don't see it in Motocross/Supercross, or IMSA, or any open wheel sanction. I think there's a good reason for that, and it's long past time for NASCAR to severely restrict Cup activity in the lower series, or else face future development issues. Remember, letting the Cup guys contest the Xfinity title contributed to the small, low-quality rookie fields from 2009-12.

I don't like just 5 races. Keep it 10 but make it 10 specific Xfinity races that will feature Cup drivers.

Not a bad idea IMO. There is a good point that these lower level guys need to race with Cup guys, but having 10 set races will make it so it's only 10 races dominated by Cup guys, but at least the NXS regulars can get a gauge on how they're doing.

There is no reason for Cup drivers to be in the minor leagues. You will still have some excitement with part time or former cup drivers like Sadler or (pretty soon) Kahne, Allgaier etc that will keep things interesting. Also put Danica back in there and you have a decent series.

Great point wrt Danica. I mean come on, this side show has run its course. She's obviously not helping the Cup ratings and her chances of ever winning a race at that level are very slim. Put her back in xfinity and I think there are still some people who will come to watch that situation, and honestly I think she could pick up a freak win at some point.

When you have a top 5 team dropping out due to funding, it is time to disband the whole series. It will strengthen arca and the trucks series at the same time. The well funded teams can run trucks. But the way it is now, anytime the x cars and cup cars at the same track, there are more people at the track receiving a paycheck than actually paid for a ticket.

I don't mind cuppers in the X series, but they need to limit how many cuppers can run per week. Say three, or four cup guys per race. Which four you say? Whichever drivers gets their entry forms in first, get to run the race. That way it's fair to everybody.

I'd worry about this more if there were a bunch of young drivers in X cars that failed to qualify every week. But the fields aren't full, and limiting the Cup drivers even further doesn't guarantee their sponsors will shift to X drivers.

I'd worry about this more if there were a bunch of young drivers in X cars that failed to qualify every week. But the fields aren't full, and limiting the Cup drivers even further doesn't guarantee their sponsors will shift to X drivers.
This, it's more a sponsor thing. Penske for example would love to get a young driver, but Discount Tire wants Kes or Joey in the car. It's why you'll see a lot of young drivers skip NXS all together it's not really a developmental series ARCA, K&N, and NCWTS are where owners are putting their young drivers now

Back
Top Bottom