"NASCAR members club C" question.

Joniki

Team Owner
Contributor
I just noticed an $84 dollar charge to my checking account for "NASCAR members club C." Has anyone else had this happen. The number is 877-696-2722.

I am calling the bank first thing in the morning.

I just noticed an $84 dollar charge to my checking account for "NASCAR members club C." Has anyone else had this happen. The number is 877-696-2722.

I get e-mails from that all the time wanting to give away free crap to join but never a charge to my bank.

You buy anything from NASCAR.com? Trackpass or anything?

Thanks for the 'heads up' on this.

This same thing happened to me last year. I believe that the total was the same as yours. We had bought a shirt or something off of NASCAR.com's store. In doing so we failed to notice a box to enter into their preferred NASCAR members club. I believe that it was one of those boxes that comes up during checkout that by default was checked to join. A month or so later we started receiving small catalogs from the NASCAR Superstore with discounted prices on merchandise. We never thought that much of it because we get catalogs in the mail all the time. We just kept throwing them in the trash. At some point my wife noticed the money charged to our charge card. After calling them everything was straightened out and we got our money refunded. That seems to be their normal practice on that site. I don't know who has their hands in that pot. It's a Turner run site just like the PGA and NBA sites. I'm sure everyone from Brian France down to Ted Turner get their cut on purchases made there.

Thanks for the 'heads up' on this.

This same thing happened to me last year. I believe that the total was the same as yours. We had bought a shirt or something off of NASCAR.com's store. In doing so we failed to notice a box to enter into their preferred NASCAR members club. I believe that it was one of those boxes that comes up during checkout that by default was checked to join. A month or so later we started receiving small catalogs from the NASCAR Superstore with discounted prices on merchandise. We never thought that much of it because we get catalogs in the mail all the time. We just kept throwing them in the trash. At some point my wife noticed the money charged to our charge card. After calling them everything was straightened out and we got our money refunded. That seems to be their normal practice on that site. I don't know who has their hands in that pot. It's a Turner run site just like the PGA and NBA sites. I'm sure everyone from Brian France down to Ted Turner get their cut on purchases made there.

Wow! That is wild! I have purchased several items from Nascar.com over the past few years and have never had that happen...makes me nervous now! lol

I was able to call the 877 number this morning and get this resolved. I was told that I purchased something and for taking free shipping, I agreed to join this club. It took less than two minutes to get this taken care of.

I was able to call the 877 number this morning and get this resolved. I was told that I purchased something and for taking free shipping, I agreed to join this club. It took less than two minutes to get this taken care of.

So you basically paid $84 for free shipping?

Oh yeah! I know what you are talking about now. They try to get you to buy something saying that it gives you free shipping....the only way you can get legit free shipping is with a promo code or one of those spend X amount of dollars and get free shipping type things.

I almost got suckered into that one myself!

You fell for the old 'check the box for something good and get screwed' trick. It's amazing what companies try to do to their customers.

Back
Top Bottom