NASCAR PEAK Anti-Freeze Series Powered by iRacing discussion

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
So for those of you who don't know, at the beginning of this year, PEAK Anti-freeze signed on as a sponsor of NASCAR's racing series for iRacing.com. They actually signed on to sponsor the series for several years You can read about it here and here!

So what is NASCAR PEAK Anti-Freeze Series? Basically it's the top tier series in the iRacing service. There are three levels to this whole thing. You have guys like me, who are racing on iRacing for fun, there's no profit to be gained and there are no trophies, etc. We get a nice printable certificate if we win a Championship in our series and division, but that's about it.

Then you have the PRO-Series. iRacing takes the top drivers in Class A (I'm in Class D) Open set-up series and they get promoted to the PRO-Series. PRO-Series drivers then compete for 10 races to finish in the top 20 in points. The champion of the PRO-Series for that year also gets cash reward

Now we get to the PEAK Anti-Freeze series. The Top 20 drivers from the PRO-Series get promoted to the PEAK series, where they will compete with last year's PEAK drivers to win (I think) $10,000 at the end of 18 races.

All of this is sanctioned by NASCAR.

So far there's been 4 races and the next one is at Pocono on 5/7th.

For those who are interested in the points standing for the current season of PEAK Anti-Freeze Series. Last year's Champion, Tyler Hudson is currently in 8th in the points standing.

51tkicz.png

Link to the race tonight.

This race will be very interesting because of the Season 2 build released two weeks ago. The build put a new tire model on the Gen6 cars and they also made the rules of the Gen6 racing series reflect the 2014 rule change in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. So the Zero Ride Height Rules apply.

A good write-up for tonight's race

Last edited:
For anyone who wants to watch the NPAS All-Star Race the Showdown is here, event will begin at 7:30pm EDT. The All-Star race itself will begin at 9:30pm EDT. You can view it here!.

Watching this stream, my first time watching the NPAS. The battle up front is really exciting. The real-world All-Star race might not live up to this.

Watching this stream, my first time watching the NPAS. The battle up front is really exciting. The real-world All-Star race might not live up to this.

That was a very exciting race, the NPAS drivers put on a great show and that battle for the lead...just WOW! I don't know if the Sprint Cup guys can top this!! :D

So looks like there's been a shake up in the NPAS points standing after the Pocono race. Humpe got knocked down to 4th place while Chad and Ray are only two points apart from one another. You know they'll be racing each other hard this week in Charlotte.

t9DZ2qH.png

Round 7 of NPAS is happening tonight, 300 miles at Charlotte Motor Speedway! You can watch the race here and it begins at 9pm EDT!

NASCAR PEAK Anti-Freeze Series will be at Dover tonight, broadcast begins at 9pm. Link

I expect this to be a caution-fest TBH.

Chad Laughton is a cheater and wouldn't be anywhere without his crew chief / car.

A good write-up of last's night race, here.

i95SWSm.png

The points standing after Dover.

Chad Laughton is a cheater and wouldn't be anywhere without his crew chief / car.

Not that I disagree with you, but why do you say that? Man if I was Mike Conti, I would've had a few words with Trey Edison. That bastard held up Mike Conti for a few laps while Brown and Ottinger was able to catch back up to him. I'm sure Conti won't be forgetting that move for awhile.

Not that I disagree with you, but why do you say that? Man if I was Mike Conti, I would've had a few words with Trey Edison. That bastard held up Mike Conti for a few laps while Brown and Ottinger was able to catch back up to him. I'm sure Conti won't be forgetting that move for awhile.

I was trying to make a Jimmie Johnson joke. :)

Back
Top Bottom