NASCAR Pick 'Em 2014 Sign Up / Daytona 500

KevinWI

Oldest Operating Motor Speedway In The World
Seeing if there is any interest for a modified message board version of the NASCAR pool I am involved with.

The premise is simple, every week, you pick a driver. You get a number of points same as where the driver finished (lower is better). Whoever has the lowest score at the end of the year is the winner. Once you use a driver for the year, you cannot use them again for the rest of the year.

It is fairly intensive on my part to keep track of who picked who every week, so unfortunately I will be capping the number of players at 20.

Official rules:
1 - Every week, players will pick a driver.
2 - Picks are due Thursday at noon via private message to me. After the noon Thursday deadline, the picks of the players will be official and will be made public to the rest of the players (you can tell anybody anything you want, but *I* will keep the picks confidential until they are published after the Thurs noon deadline).
3 - Players will be rewarded a number of points equal to the finishing position of their driver (lower is better).
4 - Once a driver is used for a year, they cannot be used again.
5 - If a player does not make a pick, or picks a driver who does not start the race, they will receive a 44 for the week.
6 - Points-paying races will count towards the game (exhibition races like the Sprint Unlimited and the All-Star Race do not count).
7 - Results will be based on NASCAR's official race results. Monetary/points penalties against drivers in "real life" will have no effect on the game standings. There will be no "Chase" reset at any point during the season for the players.

Free advice:
1 - An average finish of 14 or so every week will be enough to win this thing.
2 - There aren't enough "good" drivers (Hendrick, JGR, Roush, etc) to pick every week. Managing when you use guys like Casey Mears and David Ragan will be key.
3 - Save Jimmie Johnson for Martinsville.

Post here if you want in. Picks for Daytona start being accepted on Monday and will be due (as aforementioned) Thursday at noon.

KevinWI

Welcome Stewart Fan and The Long Shot.

Everybody can PM me your picks whenever you want. Always interesting to see RP picks. Some guys pick Michael Waltrip because of his history at plate tracks. Last year, somebody picked Danica and scored an 8 and used that to coast in 1st place for half the season.

16 spots open still, anybody else can join before the Thursday deadline.

KevinWI

Bump, last call for new players. 24 hours until the Thurs noon deadline for Daytona. I have picks from 3 of the 4 players.

KevinWI

Okay, the deadline has passed and the picks are in for Daytona.

They are:

ztevans: Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
FLRacingFan: David Gilliland
Stewart Fan: Danica Patrick
The Long Shot: Michael Waltrip

Good luck to all!

Top Bottom