NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - Bristol #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
~ Pick'Em Picks to Date - color.jpg

~ Pick'Em Used List - Michigan #2.jpg

Just got a call from Brian France and he told me what he thought would be a good way to manipulate the game and possibly tighten up the leader board.

After @Michfan submits his weekly pick, if I transmit that info to all the other players via a private message, it would allow the players to avoid making the same pick as him, thereby giving them a chance to gain some ground.

After I told Brian that wouldn't have helped last week as @Michfan picked the race winner, it sounded like he took a long drink of something and then he just hung up . . .

Just got a call from Brian France and he told me what he thought would be a good way to manipulate the game and possibly tighten up the leader board.

After @Michfan submits his weekly pick, if I transmit that info to all the other players via a private message, it would allow the players to avoid making the same pick as him, thereby giving them a chance to gain some ground.

After I told Brian that wouldn't have helped last week as @Michfan picked the race winner, it sounded like he took a long drink of something and then he just hung up . . .

Hahaha

Not in as bad of a spot as I thought. 5 reds, but two are Jones and Suarez, who are coming into their own. Plus I like where I have McDowell slotted. I just have two real crap drivers I have to pick. Spoiler: one is getting picked for Dega

Yep, I'm thinking I've gotta throw a low level guy out at Bristol probably Darlington too

Not that it's really a good idea to listen to your opponent, but @Michfan gave up this info in a recent thread.

But is he just throwin' some smoke and oil out the rear end ?

Interestingly, he's yet to submit his pick for the week.

I'm figurin' that Brian musta tipped him off . . .

Not that it's really a good idea to listen to your opponent, but @Michfan gave up this info in a recent thread.

But is he just throwin' some smoke and oil out the rear end ?

Interestingly, he's yet to submit his pick for the week.

I'm figurin' that Brian musta tipped him off . . .
True that. Make or break weekend for me. I'm staying away from Menard as long as possible. Looks like he's getting special treatment from RCR now that he and his money are gone. What a dog of a car he had last weekend.

I, like him, had Suarez left to burn so I use him while he's running red hot and Kahne takes him out. This game is cruel.

Deadline for this week's pick is Friday, August 18th, noon Eastern time.

Like the race at Bristol earlier this year, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Matt DiBenedetto are the drivers picked most often for Saturday night's Bristol race.

And we could see some movement at the top of the standings this week as the top four players all picked a different driver.

Good luck to all and Happy Motoring . . .

~ NASCAR Pick 'Em 2017 - Bristol #2 Picks.jpg

Kurt Busch P.5 should be highest fnisher this week

Kyle Busch indeed . . .

Congrats, of course, to @Michfan for holding onto first place for yet another week,

Hardy congrats to @Snappy D (now with three consecutive weeks holding onto second place) who had the best pick of the week in fifth place Kurt Busch, a pick that enabled movement in the standings in the form of moving @Snappy D ten points closer to the leader.

@Greg continues to show that last year's retched performance in the game is now nothing other than a far distant memory as he parlayed his pick of Stenhouse Jr. into to a podium spot (3rd place) for the first time this year.

jinx . . .

@LewTheShoe also benefited with a Stenhouse Jr. pick and jumped three spots to 11th place and is now hanging at less than 150 points behind the leader along with @aunty dive and the zombie to be forever known as @Hotrod / pjmolon.

@Ashstrodamus, after having enjoyed upward movement for a month and a half, finally felt the wrath of the jinx when Austin Dillon checked out early and was credited with a 39th place finish, causing @Ashstrodamus to drop four spots (back to 14th place), more than 150 points behind the leader.

@Fordracing7 and @DanicaFreak continue to dance with the last place position, having passed it back and forth long enough so as to have made trash talk between the two of them an absolute requirement.

After 24 races the season is now three quarters over and @Michfan has dominated this game for months..

However, imo, there is certainly a great deal of opportunity for players to make upward movement in the standings, across every position . . .

Back
Top Bottom