NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018 - Martinsville #1

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em used spreadsheet.jpg

The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, March 23rd, noon Eastern time.

In a continuing series of public service announcements concerning the picking of drivers for the NASCAR Pick 'Em game, the entry list for Martinsville (as posted on Jayski.com) has changed this week in at least two instances.

JJ Yeley has replaced Reed Sorenson as driver of the #55 car and Landon Cassill has replaced Jeffrey Earnhardt in the #00 car.

Also, the #51 car continues to rotate its fleet of drivers with Harrison Rhodes shown as this week's driver.

Although virtually all players of the NASCAR Pick 'Em game submitted a pick for this weekend's race at Martinsville, a number of players held off on making their pick until last night and early this morning, possibly thinking that the race could be snowed out and rescheduled for a later date.

Perish the thought as, snow or no snow, the game must go on . . . .

The most popular driver this week is Denny Hamlin, driver of the #11 car, who was picked by five players. Austin Dillon and Clint Bowyer were each selected by four players.

And although the game's current leader, @Blake Hylton, finally abandoned his strategy of picking only "A list" drivers, cellar dwellers @Johali and @kkfan91 continue to deplete the number of "C list" drivers available to them.

Finally, the field has been reduced to 32 players following the failure of @wilson89 to make a pick for the fourth time this year.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

2018 Pick 'Em Picks - Martinsville #1.jpg

What a great day! Got a 6th on Pick Em, won the race pool at work, and noticed an extra dollar per hour on my paycheck at work.

I picked up a 21st with McDowell and love it. :D

Brad barely got a top ten, but I guess the goal is to get a top ten out of your "A" drivers, so I suppose he got the job done.

Brad barely got a top ten, but I guess the goal is to get a top ten out of your "A" drivers, so I suppose he got the job done.
Yeah I was a bit irked by that too. Considering I was a few keys strokes away from picking Kyle Busch instead.

Although he continues to be unable to pick a race winner, @Blake Hylton managed to stay atop of the standings as his pick of Kurt Busch in the #41 car finished in 11th place in the STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway.

Congrats to @DC76, @dirtfan, @Mr Excitement, and @superchuck500 who each picked race winner Clint Bowyer in the #14 car, thereby sharing this week's "Highest Finishing Pick" award. Only six races into the season, @DC76 and @superchuck500 have now each picked two race winners.

Meanwhile, @Mr Excitement had the most upward movement in the standings with his jump of seven positions into ninth place, the first time this season that he's cracked the top ten.

Finally, @kkfan91 solidified his hold on last place in the standings by taking the season's third "Wiping Up the Rear" award as his pick of Landon Cassill finished dead last, 289 laps off the pace.

2018 Pick 'Em Results - Martinsville #1.jpg

The driver I picked last week won this week after 1100 races, and the driver I picked this week lost 15 laps because of... radio troubles?

This season may be a rough one lol.

Thinking about selling my charter, hiding the money in The Caymans and declaring bankruptcy.

Kudos to pjmolo for running this show, much appreciated:cheers:

Yeah, this game has kept me interested in the sport after both of my favorite drivers retired.I've also taken the opportunity to listen to each driver I pick in-car radios as well.The award for the most f-bombs dropped so far this season is by Boyers CC and spotters, BY FAR!.Seriously, it seemed like every other word was **** or ****.The 14 team definitely has an R rated radio.:lol2:

Yeah, this game has kept me interested in the sport after both of my favorite drivers retired.I've also taken the opportunity to listen to each driver I pick in-car radios as well.The award for the most f-bombs dropped so far this season is by Boyers CC and spotters, BY FAR!.Seriously, it seemed like every other word was **** or sh!t.The 14 team definitely has an R rated radio.:lol2:
Thats my Buddy Brett. He's pissed all the time anyway lol

Thats my Buddy Brett. He's pissed all the time anyway lol

Well, he/ they were far more entertaining than any other crew I've listened to so far this year.And not only that, they just did an awesome job of handling Bowyer during the race. That's a solid crew Bowyer has and I'm guessing they will be back in victory lane again this year.

Last edited:
I'm just bidding my time

Back
Top Bottom