NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018 - Martinsville #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, October 26th, noon Eastern time.

2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet - 1 thru 18.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet - 19 thru 36.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em used spreadsheet.jpg

Belated update of the "Used Driver" speadsheet reflecting that Kasey Kahne is no longer available to use.

2018 Pick 'Em used spreadsheet.jpg

The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series returns to The Old Dominion State this Sunday afternoon for the First Data 500 at Martinsville Speedway.

Anyone else old enough to remember when this race was called The Old Dominion 500 ? Hard to believe that the last time the race had that name was in 1982, more than 35 years ago.

This week's most popular driver is Denny Hamlin who was selected by four players. The second most popular drivers are AJ Allmendinger, Clint Bowyer, and Kyle Busch, who were each selected by three players.

Having picked Denny Hamlin, the good news for @Fordracing7 is that he won't lose any ground this week to current game leader @Spotter22, who also picked Hamlin. The bad news for @Fordracing7 is that he won't gain any ground either.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

33-2018 Pick 'Em Picks - Martinsville #2.jpg

The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series returns to The Old Dominion State this Sunday afternoon for the First Data 500 at Martinsville Speedway.

Anyone else old enough to remember when this race was called The Old Dominion 500 ? Hard to believe that the last time the race had that name was in 1982, more than 35 years ago.

This week's most popular driver is Denny Hamlin who was selected by four players. The second most popular drivers are AJ Allmendinger, Clint Bowyer, and Kyle Busch, who were each selected by three players.

Having picked Denny Hamlin, the good news for @Fordracing7 is that he won't lose any ground this week to current game leader @Spotter22, who also picked Hamlin. The bad news for @Fordracing7 is that he won't gain any ground either.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

View attachment 36610

Smart move on his part, I'm sure he new my position and used his to negate it. I expected it. Oh and PJ, I remember and I also remember when Dover was the Mason Dixon 500

SPOILER ALERT: Looks like I am the only player left with Hamlin after this week which means that I know who I will be taking at Homestead. The last thing I want to happen is to pick the same driver as someone ahead of me at the season finale which would obviously make it impossible to finish in first.

Lol don't worry guys I'm sure that I'll blow it the last few races LOL

I'm within 1 race of the top 5, whether it's +/- it's still easily within reach for anyone of us.

@Spotter22 chances are tough as he has the 13 left with some unknowns....

@Mr Excitement has the 18,10,6Bayne left so he could beat me...

@Brentford has 11,4,10 easily could beat me also

@Ashstrodamus has 42,14,88 could also catch me

This is going to be fun as I have 4,18,41....in that order??? Lol good job @pjmolo, gives me something to look forward to every week.

I'm within 1 race of the top 5, whether it's +/- it's still easily within reach for anyone of us.

@Spotter22 chances are tough as he has the 13 left with some unknowns....

@Mr Excitement has the 18,10,6Bayne left so he could beat me...

@Brentford has 11,4,10 easily could beat me also

@Ashstrodamus has 42,14,88 could also catch me

This is going to be fun as I have 4,18,41....in that order??? Lol good job @pjmolo, gives me something to look forward to every week.
Ha ha, I won't catch you now. I got a Wiping Up the Rear this week. :eek:

Haha Denny almost got em

Squirmed into the top ten.

Thanks, Brad ... nice job. Harvick 39 and Johnson 36 did me in earlier.

Getting quite spread out at the top. Gonna be tough to catch Ford at this point with who he has left. I am more than a race behind him at this point. Spotter will likely drop several spots in the final three weeks.

Congrats to the game's current leaders, @Spotter22 and @Fordracing7, who (along with @kkfan91 and @Snappy D) take the "Highest Finishing Pick" award this week as their driver, Denny Hamlin, scampered home to finish second in a wild First Data 500 at Martinsville Speedway.

Additional congrats to @superchuck500, @Michfan, and @AdoubleU24 as they had the most upward movement in the standings this week, each moving up three spots.

And although it ain't over 'till it's over, with three races left in the season @Spotter22 and @Fordracing7 have pretty much hooked up in a two man draft and separated themselves from the rest of the field.

Picks for the final races should be interesting indeed.

The driver picked by @Ashstrodamus, Hermie Sadler, finished dead last at Martinsville thereby enabling @Ashstrodamus to add a "Wiping Up the Rear" award to his trophy case.

Not to be forgotten is @dirtfan, whose pick of the last place finisher at Talladega (Michael McDowell) has resulted in the (belated) presentation of a "Wiping Up the Rear" award for the second time this year.

Finally, @DUN24 was dropped from the game after having failed to make a pick for the fourth time this year.

33-2018 Pick 'Em Results - Martinsville #2.jpg

I could still get a top fifteen this year. Yahoo. :D

Back
Top Bottom