NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018 - Phoenix #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, November 9th, noon Eastern time.

34-2018 Pick 'Em - after Texas #2.jpg

Damn, I have a chance of making the top 15. If I do I'll consider that a good year. :booya:

Is there a rule about a driver picked that failed post race inspection?

The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series finds itself in The Grand Canyon State this Sunday afternoon for the Can-Am 500 at ISM Raceway, formerly known as Phoenix International Raceway.

This week's most popular drivers are Alex Bowman and Kyle Busch who were each selected by five players.

By my calculations, only @Fordracing7, @Spotter22, @Brentford, and @Ashstrodamus have a mathematical chance at winning the game's championship.

And by looking at the picks for Phoenix, along with the chart in the second post of this thread that shows drivers remaining for each player, one is pretty much able to determine the drivers to be used by each player at the season finale at Homestead.

Kinda looks like I should put in the order for the game's championship plaque sooner rather than later . . . .

Also, looks like @Snappy D will avoid finishing in last place this year after having won the game's championship last year.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

35-2018 Pick 'Em Picks - Phoenix #2.jpg

I’ll take this as a compliment ha ha the way I mapped out the game this year just extremely unlucky. Total opposite of last year, I learned last year this game is about 60 skill 40 luck. I enjoy our battle this year FLRacingFan.
I disagree, imagine that. I think that It's more like 70% luck and 30% skill. That's why I strive for a top 10 or 15 finish. :D

I disagree, imagine that. I think that It's more like 70% luck and 30% skill. That's why I strive for a top 10 or 15 finish. :D
I can appreciate that..... I play ALOT of fantasy sports have done it since I was in 8th grade. There is a certain degree of skill involved with drafting, acquiring, and playing players. I tried to apply those concepts to this game in that I always look at data, how a driver is doing that certain tracks, how he’s run the last 2-4 races there and overall how he has been running the last 5-10 races overall. Saying that.....At the end of the day, it really is all about blind luck. I just try to make the best pick possible while also keeping in mind if I do run for a championship to leave some bullets in the chamber.

Congrats to @FLRacingFan, @Fordracing7, @Mr Excitement, @Snappy D, and @superchuck500 who take the "Highest Finishing Pick" award this week after their pick, Kyle Busch, won the Can-Am 500 at ISM Raceway. Additional congrats to @superchuck500 for being the first player to pick the race winner three times this year.

Also, congrats to @dirtfan and @Johali as they had the most upward movement in the standings this week, each moving up three spots.

With one race left in this year's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, the last two contenders for the game's championship are @Fordracing7 and @Spotter22. @Fordracing7 is expected to go with his last "A list" driver (Kevin Harvick) at Homestead while @Spotter22 will have to dig into his remaining "C list" drivers and hope for the best in an attempt to come back from a 27 point deficit.

Meanwhile, @FLRacingFan made a significant move this week towards escaping his position as the standing's cellar dweller. Like @Fordracing7, he'll be hoping for a strong finish by his last "A list" driver (Harvick) while the player 18 points ahead of him (@DanicaFreak) is left with nothing but drivers from the "C list."

Good luck fellers !!!!

35-2018 Pick 'Em Results - Phoenix #2.jpg

Hey another checkers. Sorry to see this game end, I was just about to hit a hot streak to get back in this thing. I kid....but good luck to our two championship contenders left. I’m going to miss this game over the winter while also trying to find the luck I had last year for next year’s game.

I made it into the top 15. Yahooo :beerbang:

Kinda looks like we're ships passing in the night as you've passed me in the standings for the first time all year.

Here's hoping that my Homestead Pick (Elliott) finishes the season strong.

Kinda looks like we're ships passing in the night as you've passed me in the standings for the first time all year.

Here's hoping that my Homestead Pick (Elliott) finishes the season strong.
Strong my butt, I hope he wins after he takes out the 11. :D

Back
Top Bottom