NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018 - Richmond #1

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em used spreadsheet.jpg

The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, April 20th, noon Eastern time.

This weekend the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series visits Richmond Raceway where the Toyota Owners 400 will be held Saturday night under the lights.

An interesting mix of pick submittals landed in my inbox this week with the overwhelmingly most popular driver being first-time Cup starter Daniel Hemric, driving for Richard Childress Racing in the #8 car. Eight players selected Hemric followed by three players who selected Darrell (Bubba) Wallace Jr. in the #43 car.

Unfortunately, two players (@jws926 and @Clutch) each picked a driver that they had already used. :idunno: Consequently, although those picks won't count against them as a NO PICK, they'll take a sizable points hit for the Richmond race.

A word to the wise: prior to submitting your pick, check the tables provided in the first post of each Pick 'Em thread to ensure that you're not selecting someone that you've previously used.

Finally, @jpell15 informed me that he's resigning from this year's game effective immediately. In addition to finishing in third place in the Pick 'Em Game in 2015, @jpell15 won the Championship in 2016 and came within a whisker of winning it again in 2017. Not too shabby, imo.

Thanks for your participation, sir.
salute.gif

2018 Pick 'Em Picks - Richmond #1.jpg

Last edited:
No mention that I'm not scrapping the bottom of the barrel this week?

My drivers starting 23rd so that's a little better than expected. :(

Congrats to @dpkimmel2001 and @AdoubleU24 who won the "Highest Finishing Pick" award as their pick of Denny Hamlin finished in 3rd place in the Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Raceway.

In addition to having the best finishing pick, @dpkimmel2001 vaulted up five spots to sixth place in the standings, the first time since the Las Vegas race that he's been able to crack the top ten. In three out of the last four races @dpkimmel2001's picks have had a top five finish, enabling him to move up 12 positions in the standings during that span.

Consistently near the top of the standings all season, @SlicedBread22 regained the standings lead for the first time since the third week when his pick of Austin Dillon managed a 15th place finish, slightly better than the picks of @Blake Hylton and @Mopardh9.

With his pick of 6th place finisher Jimmie Johnson, @Conover had the most upward movement in the standings this week as he jumped eight positions back into eleventh place, thereby continuing his season long roller coaster ride in the standings.
I am calling it now, I expect a top 35 from Landon Cassill

Finally, @Greg pulled off a Ruthian-like "called his shot" moment when his pick of Landon Cassill got a top 35, as predicted, and rolled the #00 car home in . . . . . . . wait for it . . . . . . . . 34th place.

9-2018 Pick 'Em Results - Richmond #1.jpg

I have a shot to win last place, this could truely be historic.

I'm happy as can be with a 15th outta Austin Dillon. :D

Back
Top Bottom