NASCAR Pick 'Em 2019 - Bristol #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, August 16th, noon Eastern time.

2019 current standings - #23.jpg

Only Good knows what I'm going to do here. But it will definitely be a C driver.
Hope that helps

Because I'm at work and have some time on my hands since it's fairly quiet at 4am I've been looking at some driver stats for the remaining races.
I'm in trouble. Lol

You know Bubba Wallace might be a nice guy but his stats are just rubbish. I'm surprised he still has a ride.

Driver picks for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Kurt Busch is the most popular pick for the second race in a row having been selected by five players. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. was selected by four players while Matt DiBenedetto and Jimmie Johnson were each selected by three players.

All players wisely passed on selecting Bayley Currey who has been suspended after having been found with a banned stimulant (DMMA) in his system.

Hopefully, Rick Ware Racing will come to the realization that it's their cars that need more speed, not their drivers.
Thanks for participating, fellers. :cheers:

#24 - Bristol #2 picks.jpg

Driver picks for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Kurt Busch is the most popular pick for the second race in a row having been selected by five players. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. was selected by four players while Matt DiBenedetto and Jimmie Johnson were each selected by three players.

All players wisely passed on selecting Bayley Currey who has been suspended after having been found with a banned stimulant (DMMA) in his system.

Hopefully, Rick Ware Racing will come to the realization that it's their cars that need more speed, not their drivers.
Thanks for participating, fellers. :cheers:

View attachment 41171
I stand alone in defiance of the powers that be that's holding me down. Translation: I'm the only one who chose William Byron.

Great pick by me for picking Tifft.:mad:

What happens to my pick if Tifft can't race tomorrow @pjmolo ?

Great question.

In the event that Tifft doesn't start tomorrow night, a rule that I intend to implement with next year's game would be put into effect immediately to cover this situation.

The rule reads as follows:

"If a player picks a driver that, at the time of the pick deadline, appears on the entry list posted on NASCAR.com and that driver is then replaced in that car by another driver prior to the start of the race, then the replacement driver will be considered the driver pick for that player for that race."

Great question.

In the event that Tifft doesn't start tomorrow night, a rule that I intend to implement with next year's game would be put into effect immediately to cover this situation.

"If a player picks a driver that, at the time of the pick deadline, appears on the entry list posted on NASCAR.com and that driver is then replaced in that car by another driver prior to the start of the race, then the replacement driver will be considered the driver pick for that player for that race."

Cool.

Tifft qualified and they said he will be racing tomorrow.

Cheers.:cheers:

Great question.

Could actually work out well if it was a good driver replacing him. Work Mr Excitement still get to use Tifft at a later date?

Wow only two KDB picks? Hmmmm... I'm confident yet weary.. although if I do bad here then chances are Joey regains the points lead ..win/win.. unless they both do poorly :D

Could actually work out well if it was a good driver replacing him. Would Mr Excitement still get to use Tifft at a later date?

Yes, if Tifft doesn't start the race he'd remain eligible to be used by @Mr Excitement in a later race.

However, if Tifft were to be replaced by a driver that @Mr Excitement had used in a previous race then that would necessitate his pick for that race being scored as a duplicate or "ineligible" pick.

Yes, if Tifft doesn't start the race he'd remain eligible to be used by @Mr Excitement in a later race.

However, if Tifft were to be replaced by a driver that @Mr Excitement had used in a previous race then that would necessitate his pick for that race being scored as a duplicate or "ineligible" pick.
That makes little sense. It's not the player's fault his pick is missing the race.

That makes little sense. It's not the player's fault his pick is missing the race.

You liked my post (#26) when the idea was first brought up but now it makes little sense. :wacko:

Simply put, a basic premise of the game that requires picks to be made prior to practice, qualifying, and the posting of other player's picks makes it difficult to treat a late driver replacement situation any other way.

Congrats to @Greg, @DC76, and @superchuck500 for taking this week's "Highest Finishing Pick" award as their pick, Matt DiBenedetto, came damn close to winning the Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway before dropping back to second place behind race winner Denny Hamlin.

Congrats to @Greg, @dirtfan, @DC76, @Brentford, and @SlicedBread22 for having the most upward movement in the standings as they each moved up five spots.

Congrats to @Clutch who has now held onto the top of the leader board for 16 consecutive races but saw his lead over second place reduced to 74 points .

#24 - Bristol #2 results.jpg

Back
Top Bottom