NASCAR Pick 'Em 2019 - California

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by pjmolo, Mar 11, 2019.

1. pjmolo

pjmolo Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .

The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, March 15th, noon Eastern time.

2019 current standings - #4.jpg

2. pjmolo

2019 drivers used - #4.jpg

2019 picks & results - #4.jpg

2 Sweet likes this.
  3. pjmolo

4. pjmolo

The 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series finishes its west coast swing this Sunday with the running of the Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway located in sunny Southern California.

The overwhelmingly most popular driver pick this week was "A group" driver Kyle Larson who was selected by nine players.

Aric Almirola, Matt DiBenedetto, and Jimmie Johnson were the second most popular picks, each selected by three players.
    Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

#5 - California picks.jpg

REBS31, ToyYoda and FLRacingFan like this.
  5. superchuck500

superchuck500 Crew Chief

Man, Larson has been mid-pack the whole weekend and weol into stage 1.

They need to find something or we’re gonna regret that choice!

ToyYoda likes this.
  6. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

I shoulda saved him for one of the Michigan races, but against my better judgment I picked him.

superchuck500 likes this.
  7. superchuck500

superchuck500 Crew Chief

Yep. Time to drink heavily. Maybe his fortune will change or we won’t care anyway. Ha

ToyYoda likes this.
  8. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

Should probably use him at a track driver matters more. That's what I'm doing. This package negates his advantages at tracks like this.

ToyYoda likes this.
  9. pjmolo

Although he has yet to use a "C Group" driver in any of the first five races, rookie player @Team Penske continues to impress by hanging on to the standings lead over @Clutch, who also has yet to use a "C Group" driver.

Using a completely different strategy, six players (you know who you are) have used only "C Group" drivers in each of the first five races. Not surprisingly, those six players currently occupy six of the bottom eight positions in the standings.

Congrats to @Blaze and @REBS31, who took the "Highest Finishing Pick" award this week when their driver pick, Kurt Busch, finished 6th in the Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway

Congrats also to @Snappy D, the game's 2017 champion, as he had the most upward movement in the standings this week by moving up 5 spots after having dropped a butt-kicking 27 spots over the last three races.

Finally, @Ashstrodamus was awarded the "Wiping Up the Rear" award when his pick, Clint Bowyer, finished dead last.

#5 - California results.jpg

10. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

As much as I'd like to only have 12 points this week, I don't think Corey Lajoie finished 12th

pjmolo and Blaze like this.
  11. pjmolo

Right you are.

Apparently I lumped LaJoie with Larson and credited him with a 12th place finish.
    :owquitit:

Corrected California results are as follows:

#5 - California results.jpg

REBS31 likes this.
  12. Turtle84

Turtle84 Team Owner

Frickin' 7Time man. He was better than 17th all day. Then the slow crawl backwards.