NASCAR Pick 'Em 2019 - Darlington

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, August 30th, noon Eastern time.

2019 current standings - #24.jpg

i had to pick between johnson and tifft,not because that all i had left,but because who mite be faster,SAD:banned::sarcasm:

Driver picks for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.

Denny Hamlin is the most popular pick having been selected by six players while Jimmie Johnson.was selected by four players.
Thanks for participating, fellers. :cheers:

#25 - Darlington picks.jpg

Driver picks for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.

Denny Hamlin is the most popular pick having been selected by six players while Jimmie Johnson.was selected by four players.
Thanks for participating, fellers. :cheers:

View attachment 41298
Once again I'm a lone picker. Maybe I'll luck out and no neck'll get a top 5. :D

My pick probably won't do much for me, but I'm hoping to hang on to at least the top 5 but knowing how this goes I'll go down to 7th and back to 5th the next week.

As is the case with all back running drivers, my only hope for a good finish is that it's an action packed race with many wrecks, with Matt Tifft being able to avoid them all.

With a little luck, @Clutch's miserable remaining picks might possibly finish, on average, as high as 20th place over the last 12 races of the season.

If that happens he'll finish with a season average of about 14 points per race which, based upon the short history of the game, should be enough for him to win the game's championship.

So, @Clutch . . . .

lucky punk.jpg

With a little luck, @Clutch's miserable remaining picks might possibly finish, on average, as high as 20th place over the last 12 races of the season.

If that happens he'll finish with a season average of about 14 points per race which, based upon the short history of the game, should be enough for him to win the game's championship.

So, @Clutch . . . .

View attachment 41307
upload_2019-9-1_15-27-45.jpeg

Once again I'm a lone picker. Maybe I'll luck out and no neck'll get a top 5. :D

With luck, and a decent finish by Newman, you just might be able to move up in the standings and make it into the Top . . . . . . . . . . 30. :D

My miserable record of picking continued, with reckin’ Ricky finishing 33rd. Sometimes a season is just discombobulated.... or is it my overthinking of outcomes? Well, new goal; I’ll use remaining races to try and get into the top 15....

Congrats to @jws926, who's held the title of "cellar dweller" since the 12th race of the season, for taking this week's "Highest Finishing Pick" award as his pick, Erik Jones, won the Bojangles’ Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.

Congrats also to @kkfan91 for having the most upward movement in the standings as a fourth place finish by his pick, Kevin Harvick, enabled him to move up six spots and into the top ten for the first time since the first race of the season.

Finally, congrats to @Clutch who has now held onto the top of the leader board for 17 consecutive races but, for the second race in a row, saw his lead over second place reduced. His lead now stands at 56 points with 11 races remaining.

As a demonstration of the command that @Clutch appears to have over the game, I mentioned in an earlier post that he needed his picks over the last twelve races to finish, on average, in 20th place or better in order for him to have a legitimate chance at winning the game's championship.

So lo and behold, Ty Dillon, his pick at Darlington finished 20th. :dirtbike:

#25 - Darlington results.jpg

In 2017, Hambone "swept" Darlington's Xfinity and Cup races, winning both with illegal cars.

In 2019, Hambone was so worried he might repeat the "Sweep Of Infamy" that he deliberately finished 29th Sunday night. And the worst part... he doesn't even care that he screwed up my whole season... just as I was about to move forward from 27th place..:flushed:

Back
Top Bottom