NASCAR Pick 'Em 2019 - Texas #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, November 1st, noon Eastern time.

2019 current standings - #33.jpg

Hey @pjmolo obvious question but if you have already used Tifft you can't use his replacement JHN?
Actually maybe you can. Some cars have revolving drivers

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Hey @pjmolo obvious question but if you have already used Tifft you can't use his replacement JHN?
Actually maybe you can. Some cars have revolving drivers

Asking for a friend.

Definitely maybe. :rolleyes:

Actually, that question is damn close to warranting disqualification from the game.

Good thing you're asking for a friend.

The rules of the game, posted sometime during the last millennium, clearly state:

A driver may be used as a player's pick for one, and only one, race during the course of the season.

JHN sounds like a winner to me. :D

I forgot how close that really was..... I'm rooting for Michfan to pull the Kulwicki and win the Championship in the last race.

Just got my pick submitted, but right after I did so, I asked myself what I was even doing. Being so far down, have I really got anything to gain?

Look at it this way.

Because you've yet to have a "NO PICK" race this year, if you fail to make a pick for the last three races you'll still remain in the game (with three "NO PICKS") and be pretty much guaranteed to finish dead last in the standings.

Or you could fight the good fight and maybe end up in the top 25 or better.

The choice is yours. :rolleyes:

Look at it this way.

Because you've yet to have a "NO PICK" race this year, if you fail to make a pick for the last three races you'll still remain in the game (with three "NO PICKS") and be pretty much guaranteed to finish dead last in the standings.

Or you could fight the good fight and maybe end up in the top 25 or better.

The choice is yours. :rolleyes:

I don't know, actually trying and still finishing dead last sounds more enticing. I just gotta hope that Hemric, Logano and Almirola have problems when I pick them.

I'm second guessing and need to do some study while I'm at work this evening and you all are sleeping before that deadline. :confused:o_O:confused:

Driver picks for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway.

John Hunter Nemechek, in the first Cup start of his career, is the most popular pick for this race having been selected by six players. Joey Logano was selected by four players while Kevin Harvick was selected by three players.
Thanks for participating, fellers. :cheers:

#34 - Texas #2 picks.jpg

Good luck today everyone, I'll be paying close attention to JHN and A-list driver's as this battle goes down to the wire.

With two races left to be run in the 2019 season, the list of players still in contention to win the championship of the NASCAR Pick 'Em game has suddenly been reduced to two thanks to a solid effort by John Hunter Nemechek in the AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway.

Continued congrats to @Clutch, the man who seems to benefit by living comfortably in the future in the land down under. The 'ol boy has simply dominated the game this year by holding onto the top of the leader board for a record 26 consecutive races.

Sitting in second place 62 points from the top with two races remaining, only @Elliott_Fan_9 now has a chance of reeling in @Clutch for the championship.

Congrats to @Elliott_Fan_9, @Greg, and @LewTheShoe for taking this week's "Highest Finishing Pick" award as their pick, Kevin Harvick, won the race and advanced to the Championship Four.

Additional congrats to @Head423 for having the most upward movement in the standings, moving up six spots.

Finally, the "Wiping Up the Rear" award is proudly awarded to @dirtfan whose pick of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. finished dead last, approximately a car length behind Brad Keselowski.

#34 - Texas #2 results.jpg

This is setting up to be a hell of a finish. Sort of like a fuel mileage race, leader out of gas with a large time gap and 2nd place closing at full throttle. Who'll clip the line first?

Back
Top Bottom