NASCAR Pick 'Em 2020 - Kentucky

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, July 12th, 1:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3. standings after #16.jpg

On any given day, it's better to be lucky than skilled, and this is certainly true in racing *and* in NASCAR Pick 'Em. If I had known last week that Jimmie Johnson would miss just that one race at Indy with his COVID-19 positive test, I surely would have picked Justin Allgaier last week rather than penciling him in for Kentucky. And I'd have swallowed that 37th place result... instead of being lucky enough to avoid it.

On any given day, it's better to be lucky than skilled, and this is certainly true in racing *and* in NASCAR Pick 'Em. If I had known last week that Jimmie Johnson would miss just that one race at Indy with his COVID-19 positive test, I surely would have picked Justin Allgaier last week rather than penciling him in for Kentucky. And I'd have swallowed that 37th place result... instead of being lucky enough to avoid it.
I looked at the Allgaier pick as a free pick, now I get to use JJ later. But don’t take advice from someone as far back as me, I haven’t been lucky or good since I won the game in 17.

I took the hit too but I changed my pick from Newman to take Allgaier so it was only an extra 4 point hit.

Yeah I went with Justin because I was like meh it might be his one and only race, but he could also race Kentucky and figured I would use him while I knew I had a chance to just use a free pick like @Snappy D did. But that didn't pay off at all. As you can see, nothing paid off this year....

Yeah I went with Justin because I was like meh it might be his one and only race, but he could also race Kentucky and figured I would use him while I knew I had a chance to just use a free pick like @Snappy D did. But that didn't pay off at all. As you can see, nothing paid off this year....
Right there with ya...

If there was a playoff format, there would be 11 players locked in with wins. I'd barely squeak by at 16th, 5th highest of the non winners.

Ofc, if there was playoffs in pick 'em, the strategies would be much different.

You can’t avoid the playoffs in any thread on the board ... except this one.

The 2020 NASCAR Cup Series is in the Bluegrass State for the running of the Quaker State 400 at Kentucky Speedway.

The most popular pick for this race, selected by five players, is Martin Truex Jr.

Aric Almirola, Kurt Busch, and Tyler Reddick were each selected by three players.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

1. Kentucky picks.jpg

I'm the lone McDowell picker. After scoring 2 top 10's in 3 races, I thought he'd be a popular choice. He starts 28th.

Also, I wonder how many people had Truex before he failed inspection and changed their picks. Same thing goes for Kenseth.

I'm the lone McDowell picker. After scoring 2 top 10's in 3 races, I thought he'd be a popular choice. He starts 28th.

Also, I wonder how many people had Truex before he failed inspection and changed their picks. Same thing goes for Kenseth.

Interestingly, the answer to that question is zero.

The same for Kenseth.

I shouldn't have changed my pick of Aric Almirola for Michael McDowell...

Figuring that his streak of top five finishes was due to come to an end I took a pass on Almirola.

He looks unbeatable today though.

Back
Top Bottom