NASCAR Pick 'Em 2020 - Phoenix #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, November 8th, 2:00 p.m. Eastern time.

3. standings after #35.jpg

Gentlemen, start your engines . . . . .
thread bump warning.jpg
jessica rabbitt.jpg
thread bump warning.jpg

If @Charlie Spencer's pick wins at Phoenix and @dirtfan's pick finishes last, there will be a tie for the points lead and the championship will be decided by the tie-breaker scenario.

So there's that . . . . . :cool:

You sound like the gerbils, trying to keep the audience interested during the last 20 laps of a stinker.

gerbil.jpg

Turns out that if @Charlie Spencer is able to catch @dirtfan for first place in the final standings not only will they have the same number of points they'll also have the same number of first place, top five, and top ten picks.

go figure . . . .

Charlie has two accounts.

I thought everyone knew that.

Yeah, I certainly hope @pjmolo is OK but in the meantime who did you top 5 guys pick?

I had my 2nd last place pick with Houff.

Terrible year.
You can just look into post #2 and see who we had left.
I chose Harvick. At the start of the playoffs I thought he'd easily make it to Phoenix and win his 2nd championship.

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated . . . .

Due to a family medical emergency that I've been preoccupied with over the past few days, I've been unable to put any time or effort to the Pick 'Em game.

Fortunately, everything turned out A-OK on the home front and I'll be able to update the "picks and results" spreadsheets sometime today.

And yes, it appears that @dirtfan is this year's champion and, as such, he will be presented with a championship plaque at this year's virtual awards ceremony.

Many thanks to all that participated in this year's game.
:cheers:

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated . . . .

Due to a family medical emergency that I've been preoccupied with over the past few days, I've been unable to put any time or effort to the Pick 'Em game.

Fortunately, everything turned out A-OK on the home front and I'll be able to update the "picks and results" spreadsheets sometime today.

And yes, it appears that @dirtfan is this year's champion and, as such, he will be presented with a championship plaque at this year's virtual awards ceremony.

Many thanks to all that participated in this year's game.
:cheers:
tenor.gif

The King is Dead !!! Long Live the King !!!

Yes, the one year reign of @Clutch as Champion of the NASCAR Pick 'Em game has officially come to an end.

After virtually clinching this year's championship with one race left in the season, @dirtfan decisively won it following the Season Finale 500 at Phoenix Raceway.

In addition to winning the championship, @dirtfan is the third rookie player (joining @Brentford and @Snappy D) to achieve that honor since the game began on the racing-forums.com board in 2014.

Also, @dirtfan set an all-time game record by having the lowest average points per race (12.8) of any champion in the seven years of the game's existence.

Meanwhile. congrats to @REBS31 for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award by picking second place finisher, Brad Keselowski.

Congrats also to @Turtle84 and @Team Penske as each moved up five spots in the standings.

Not to be left out is @Clutch, the recipient of the "Wiping Up Rear" Award based upon the last place finish of his pick, Quin Houff.

2. Phoenix #2 results.jpg

Finally, kudos to @ChexOrWrex.

Knowing it might cost him a top five position in the final standings, he chose to make his final pick a tribute to a late R-F member, @Johali.

Nice touch, indeed.

johali.jpg

Back
Top Bottom