NASCAR Pick 'Em 2021 - Martinsville #2

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, October 31st, 1:00 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - #34 current standings.jpg

4 - #34 used list.jpg

Considering the tight race for the game's championship, game management takes this opportunity to remind players of the several pertinent game rules.

13 - The game's champion will be determined by the player with the fewest amount of points after the 36th and final points race.

14 - If in the event of a points tie among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most first place picks.

15 - If in the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top five picks.

16 - If in the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks and top five picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top ten picks.

3 - #34a current standings.jpg

Considering the tight race for the game's championship, game management takes this opportunity to remind players of the several pertinent game rules.

13 - The game's champion will be determined by the player with the fewest amount of points after the 36th and final points race.

14 - If in the event of a points tie among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most first place picks.

15 - If in the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top five picks.

16 - If in the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks and top five picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top ten picks.

View attachment 58308
I'am 2003 Matt Kensething my way to even have a shot at this. I hope Molo doesnt have a rash reaction if I win with only 1 first place pick and institute a "Chase For The Nextel Cup" for next year's game.

I normally would not make mentions of it but I believe I have more than one win, at least when comparing the best pick for the week in this league.

I just don't want to forget the accomplishments of my sponsors and the Cooter Johnsons Juniors The IIIs, Dingleberries and Stinkfist Racing Motorsports Engineering Enterprises Missions Projects Associates Alliance Coalition, non-incorporated racing team that make it all possible.

Most of all I want all my followers with Greg Nation to fully enjoy the best moment's during the season.

I normally would not make mentions of it but I believe I have more than one win, at least when comparing the best pick for the week in this league.

It seems that the distinguished gentleman may be confusing "First Place Picks" with the game's "Highest Finishing Pick" award, which he has won multiple times.

However, a quick review of the game's "Picks and Results" spreadsheets reveals that @Greg has indeed picked a first-place finisher on three occasions.

Consequently, the game's "Supervisor of Bean Counting" has been relieved of his duties effective immediately and a thorough review of all of the game's statistics, including each player's accumulation of points, will be conducted by the esteemed Chicago accounting firm known as Arthur Andersen, LLP.

Aren’t most of Andersen’s ink-stained wretches still in jail?

@pjmolo thanks for all the hard work you put into this game. I really enjoy it!

It's turned into somewhat of a methodical hobby of sorts that helps me keep up on what's going on in the Cup series.

It's all good on my part to see the continued participation of players that enjoy a somewhat unique week-to-week challenge.

The NASCAR Cup Series promises to get down and dirty with the running of the Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway as eight drivers compete against each other and the field to determine which four will race for the season championship at Phoenix.

Meanwhile, players of the Pick 'Em game are anxious to see how the last two races of the season play out in determining the game's champion.

The game's most popular pick, a driver in a virtual must-win situation, is Joey Logano, selected by four players.

Another contender for the series championship, Martin Truex Jr, was selected by three, as was Aric Almirola.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

1 - #35 picks.jpg

Last edited:
Looks to be Truex vs Logano today. Ladies and Gentlemen….
1635703950792.gif

Congrats to @Turtle84 and @superchuck500 for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award thanks to the third place finish by their pick, Brad Keselowski, in the Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway.

The finish by Keselowski enabled @Turtle84 to move up one spot in the standings to second place, seven points behind leader @Snappy D with one race left in the season.

The "Most Upward Movement" award goes to @ToyYoda who rode the 10th place finish by Joey Logano into the top ten in the standings.

With one race remaining, the championship trophy appears to be headed to either @Snappy D or @Turtle84, although @Michfan has not technically been eliminated from contention.

2 - #35 results.jpg

Congrats to @Turtle84 and @superchuck500 for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award thanks to the third place finish by their pick, Brad Keselowski, in the Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway.

The finish by Keselowski enabled @Turtle84 to move up one spot in the standings to second place, seven points behind leader @Snappy D with one race left in the season.

The "Most Upward Movement" award goes to @ToyYoda who rode the 10th place finish by Joey Logano into the top ten in the standings.

With one race remaining, the championship trophy appears to be headed to either @Snappy D or @Turtle84, although @Michfan has not technically been eliminated from contention.

View attachment 58443
I think Turtle has Elliott left. I have Larson. It's Larson vs Elliott

Back
Top Bottom