NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 - Bristol Dirt

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, April 9th, 6:00 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #7.jpg
4 - used list #7.jpg

Usually I have a thought of what I'm going to do, but this week I have no idea. There are a few drivers that should do good, but if this turns into a demolition derby, those drivers may have a problem. Then it may be a good time to use a "C" driver who could sneak out with a top 20 because of that. I just ain't sure which way to go.

^ Kevin Harvick is due for a win as well.

Well which one should I switch to!?!? Don't you guys know how the game works? I can't choose both!
The Bristol Dirt track is one of Harvicks favorite tracks.

Trust the wheel, I would of never picked McDowell for a top 10

Congratulations to @Clutch, @aunty dive, and @Team Penske for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, Christopher Bell, in the Food City Dirt Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Congratulations also to @Old 97 as he maintained his hold on first place in the standings for the third consecutive race.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was shared by @aunty dive and @REBS31 as they each moved up six spots in the standings.

Meanwhile, the "Slipping & Sliding" award was shared by @donthaveanickname, @LewTheShoe, and @Spotter22 after their fall of seven spots in the standings thanks to the 36th place finish of their pick, Jonathan Davenport.
Finally, a shout-out to @Fordracing28 who, after not making a pick for the first three races of the season, has climbed out of last place in his drive towards the top. :cheers:

2 - results #8.jpg

The worst Ive ever done in this game. Some picks were running top 10- top 5 near the end only to have something happen( Suarez,Keso) but last night was self inflicted. That was just dumb. I like JD, hell of a driver but I should know better. I was hoping for a diamond in the rough. I got the rough part

The worst Ive ever done in this game. Some picks were running top 10- top 5 near the end only to have something happen( Suarez,Keso) but last night was self inflicted. That was just dumb. I like JD, hell of a driver but I should know better. I was hoping for a diamond in the rough. I got the rough part
Don't be too hard on yourself. Last night was purely bad luck. He easily could've done much better, has the talent. I was on the same boat as you last year, having terrible luck every week. This year has been an improvement.

I was hard on myself for picking BJ McLeod @ Atlanta. But when you analyze, you realize it was just unluckiness.

This game is very luck dependent. It happens.

Congratulations to @Clutch, @aunty dive, and @Team Penske for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, Christopher Bell, in the Food City Dirt Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Congratulations also to @Old 97 as he maintained his hold on first place in the standings for the third consecutive race.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was shared by @aunty dive and @REBS31 as they each moved up six spots in the standings.

Meanwhile, the "Slipping & Sliding" award was shared by @donthaveanickname, @LewTheShoe, and @Spotter22 after their fall of seven spots in the standings thanks to the 36th place finish of their pick, Jonathan Davenport.
Finally, a shout-out to @Fordracing28 who, after not making a pick for the first three races of the season, has climbed out of last place in his drive towards the top. :cheers:

View attachment 69895
All Canadian citizens who had the winning pick. 🤣

Don't be too hard on yourself. Last night was purely bad luck. He easily could've done much better, has the talent. I was on the same boat as you last year, having terrible luck every week. This year has been an improvement.

I was hard on myself for picking BJ McLeod @ Atlanta. But when you analyze, you realize it was just unluckiness.

This game is very luck dependent. It happens.
Its luck for sure, Vegas makes a ton of money off of bets like mine, you know, the sucker bet. ;) I'm preparing for my comeback though. Dart board is hung and feathers are being applied to darts as we speak

If you are the leader when the Chase starts it's not because of luck

I think I'm confusing Cup racing with this game. 🤣
But I think it's still holds true that you pick drivers based on their affinity for certain tracks... And that usually hold true. Stats don't lie

I think I'm confusing Cup racing with this game. 🤣
But I think it's still holds true that you pick drivers based on their affinity for certain tracks... And that usually hold true. Stats don't lie

NASCAR fantasy games certainly have more of a luck aspect to them than other sports fantasy games do. However, unless you're using a wheel or dart board to decide your picks, I'd assume most players have some sort of a strategy they use. If not and if you just decide randomly who you are going to go with, you might as well use a wheel, that way you can blame the wheel and not yourself if you fail. 😂

Me to but it seems like there are not enough races left to get a top 10 finish. What makes it worse is, I keep forgetting to make my pics
There’s plenty of time left for some. I’d say if you’re about a race back, you’re not totally dead yet.

Back
Top Bottom