NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 - Las Vegas

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
Driver pick submittal deadline: Sunday, October 15th, 1:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #32.jpg

4 - used list #32.jpg

Haha, I just noticed something quite funny. I'm the only person that used B.J. McLeod this year. That pick resulted in me getting a "Wiping up the rear award". I can understand why everybody else avoided him like the plague.

Haha, I just noticed something quite funny. I'm the only person that used B.J. McLeod this year. That pick resulted in me getting a "Wiping up the rear award". I can understand why everybody else avoided him like the plague.

That plays into something that I noticed while doing a quality control check of the "Drivers Used" spreadsheet.

There are several players that, come the end of the season, will not have used all of the "A Group" and "B Group" drivers available to them.

:idunno:

That plays into something that I noticed while doing a quality control check of the "Drivers Used" spreadsheet.

There are several players that, come the end of the season, will not have used all of the "A Group" and "B Group" drivers available to them.

I do what the wheel says

I'm one of those players.

I have 5 A & B list drivers with 4 races to go, was thinking between Chase Elliott & Allmendinger last week. I made the right choice, but it left me with more A & B listers than races left. That said, Erik Jones has basically been a C-list driver for most of the season.

@Biggreen695 has a whooping 8 A & B list drivers left. @Truex_rox has 6.

By the way, my criteria for value pick of the week award is to choose a guy who has a surprising run. I take into consideration where he is in points, average finish & whether he's a part time driver or not.

I will have one driver left from one of those groups. It wasn't the original plan, and I usually want to use all of those drivers, but Harvick and Logano have been down on speed recently, especially Harvick. There are 24 drivers with a better average finish than Harvick during the last six races, and it would still be lousy overall without the Talladega DQ.

Truex Jr. appears to be the most popular choice this weekend, selected by 3 players.

I had to use Briscoe sometime, today wasn’t a good choice. From the green flag he immediately went backwards. Probably a bad setup.

Not too many surprising finishes today. The value pick of the week award goes to @FLRacingFan, @Jorge De Guzman & @LewTheShoe following the 9th place finish by Martin Truex Jr. Truex had been struggling recently, thus why I give him the nod here.

I knew taking Chase Elliott was a huge gamble. He was slowly working his way up late before having issues. I went with him because none of my close competitors had him available. Tough luck, I don't think I'm in contention anymore.

Not too many surprising finishes today. The value pick of the week award goes to @FLRacingFan, @Jorge De Guzman & @LewTheShoe following the 9th place finish by Martin Truex Jr. Truex had been struggling recently, thus why I give him the nod here.

I knew taking Chase Elliott was a huge gamble. He was slowly working his way up late before having issues. I went with him because none of my close competitors had him available. Tough luck, I don't think I'm in contention anymore.
Not my top 31 with BJ?

Congratulations to @Gators423!, @DC76, and @ol'whatshisname for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, Kyle Larson, in the South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

The top of the leader board remained unchanged for the fourth consecutive race as @Head423 recovered from the last race when his pick for Vegas, Joey Logano, managed to finish twelfth.

Meanwhile, @RayinTX, @FLRacingFan, and @Magicmiler all pulled closer to the top of the standings with top ten finishing picks while all others near the top slipped further from the lead.

The "Most Upward Movement" award went to @ToyYoda, who gained three spots thanks to a top ten finish by his pick, William Byron.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @Greg who dropped six spots when his otherwise quality pick, Alex Bowman, wrecked early and finished next to last.

For all practical purposes @Greg no longer has any chance to deliver the speech he's been diligently working on in the event that he was to win the game's championship.

Better luck next year, Bud.

Finally, the "Wiping Up the Rear" award made its presence known once again when the pick made by @hmmm298, Carson Hocevar, finished dead last.

2 - results #33.jpg

Congratulations to @Gators423!, @DC76, and @ol'whatshisname for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, Kyle Larson, in the South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

The top of the leader board remained unchanged for the fourth consecutive race as @Head423 recovered from the last race when his pick for Vegas, Joey Logano, managed to finish twelfth.

Meanwhile, @RayinTX, @FLRacingFan, and @Magicmiler all pulled closer to the top of the standings with top ten finishing picks while all others near the top slipped further from the lead.

The "Most Upward Movement" award went to @ToyYoda, who gained three spots thanks to a top ten finish by his pick, William Byron.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @Greg who dropped six spots when his otherwise quality pick, Alex Bowman, wrecked early and finished next to last.

For all practical purposes @Greg no longer has any chance to deliver the speech he's been diligently working on in the event that he was to win the game's championship.

Finally, the "Wiping Up the Rear" award made its presence known once again when the pick made by @hmmm298, Carson Hocevar, finished dead last.

View attachment 73534
I fear that I've singlehandedly caused another toilet paper shortage this year with that award.

Poor Ray. He doesn’t deserve such a bad break, but $#’+ happens In this sport and game. I had thought about using Blaney myself, picked Briscoe, lamented that when he limped in at 33rd place. Either way I was doomed.

Regarding the disqualification of Ryan Blaney following the Las Vegas race, resulting in a change in his finishing position from 6th to 36th, the game's rules dictate the following:

12 - For each race, the number of points equal to the finishing position of a player's pick (based upon NASCAR's official race results) will be awarded to that player.

Consequently, the game's scoring for the Las Vegas race will be recalculated and posted as soon as possible.

Poor Ray. He doesn’t deserve such a bad break, but $#’+ happens In this sport and game. I had thought about using Blaney myself, picked Briscoe, lamented that when he limped in at 33rd place. Either way I was doomed.
Yeah that sucked...I also had him in my other two leagues...

^ Wonder why and what the Felon did to get him off.

The Chevy Ford conspiracy against Toyota is real.

As I was saying . . .

View attachment 73534

Back
Top Bottom