NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 - Official Game Rules

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
As the running of the Daytona 500 approaches, it's time to start thinkin' about the NASCAR Pick 'Em game, a regular feature on the Racing-Forums.com board since 2014.

The NASCAR Pick 'Em Game Rules For Dummies reads like this:

For each and every points-paying NASCAR Cup Series race, each player selects a driver expected to have a relatively good finishing position in that race.

A particular driver may be used as a player's pick for one, and only one, race during the course of the season.

Game points are awarded based upon the finishing position of the player's pick in that race.

1st place finish = 1 point . . . . 40th place finish = 40 points, with all finishes in between awarded appropriately.

At season's end the game's championship is awarded to the player that has the fewest total points after the 36th and final points race.

OFFICIAL GAME RULES

1 - For each race, beginning with the Daytona 500, each player submits a driver pick for that race.

2 - A driver may be used as a player's pick for one, and only one, race during the course of the season.

3 - Only the 36 points-paying races are included in the game (the Busch Light Clash, the Daytona Duels, and the All-Star Race are excluded).

4 - Picks are to be submitted on the Racing-Forums.com board via a private "conversation" with pjmolo, game administrator.

a. Click on the pjmolo avatar and then on "Start a Conversation."

b. The "Conversation Title" should read NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 with the message consisting of the location and/or name of the race and the driver pick for that race.

c. Upon the receipt and recording of a pick, a response message that confirms that pick will be sent to the player's "Inbox."

d. Picks for subsequent races should be submitted by replying to the message that confirmed the pick for the previous race.

5 - Picks can be made anytime in advance of a scheduled race, up to and including picks for each race for the remainder of the race season.

6 - The deadline for the submittal of a pick for a given race is one hour prior to the scheduled start of that race, unless otherwise specified by the game administrator.

7 - A player's initial pick may be changed provided the change is made prior to the pick deadline for that race.

8 - If a driver picked by a player does not appear on the entry list for that race (as posted on NASCAR.com), or if the driver was previously used by that player ("INELIGIBLE PICK"), the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started the race, plus one.

9 - If a driver picked by a player does appear on the entry list for that race (as posted on NASCAR.com), and that driver is then replaced by another driver prior to the start of the race, then the "default driver pick" for that player will be the replacement driver, unless the player elects to select a different driver.

10 - If a player fails to make a driver pick by the pick deadline ("NO PICK"), the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started the race, plus one.

11 - After the pick submittal deadline for a race, players' picks are official and will be posted in a "NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023" thread specific to that race.

12 - For each race, the number of points equal to the finishing position of a player's pick (based upon NASCAR's official race results) will be awarded to that player.

13 - Race results and game standings will be posted to the "NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023" thread following each race.

14 - After the 36th and final points-paying race, the game's championship will be awarded to the player with the fewest total points, that is, the player whose driver picks over the course of the season had the best average finishing position.

15 - In the event of a points tie among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most first place picks.

16 - In the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top five picks.

17 - In the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks and top five picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top ten picks.

The CHAMPIONS'S CLUB, including the average finishing position of each Champion's picks:

2022 - 13.1 - Head423

2021 - 13.6 - @Snappy D *

2020 - 12.8 - @dirtfan

2019 - 14.4 - @Clutch

2018 - 13.9 - @Fordracing7

2017 - 15.2 - @Snappy D *

2016 - 15.3 - @jpell15

2015 - 14.3 - @Brentford

2014 - 15.6 - @FLRacingFan

* now known as Jorge De Guzman

For those of you that have never felt comfortable making the leap into a year long game, rest assured, it's not like the game is being managed by a bunch of clowns.

clowns & heights (3).jpg

It's been a while since I've played. But by looking at the rules, the deadline is an hour before the race starts? Is that how it has always been? I thought when I previously played, the cutoff was before qualifying. So now if my driver looks slow in practice and qualifying, I'm legally allowed to change my pick?

I'll play again

It's been a while since I've played. But by looking at the rules, the deadline is an hour before the race starts? Is that how it has always been? I thought when I previously played, the cutoff was before qualifying. So now if my driver looks slow in practice and qualifying, I'm legally allowed to change my pick?

The deadline is an hour before the race starts? - Yes, unless otherwise specified by the game administrator.

Is that how it has always been? - No

So now if my driver looks slow in practice and qualifying, I'm legally allowed to change my pick? - Yes

Looking forward to it. Thanks PJ for the effort you put in to this. I still say you should create a paypal account and let us send you some money, this is a time consuming project.

I will be playing and I am committing for the entire season. I hope to have a decent performance and results at least once with this league.
This is a great league and contest with a great commissioner.

I am in, hopefully with 36 picks this year I improve on last years 4th place finish

Back
Top Bottom