NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Atlanta

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, September 8th, 2:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #26.jpg

4 - used list #26.jpg

~ bump warning - 360.jpg
atlanta - 3.jpg
~ bump warning - 360.jpg

And now for something at least a little bit different . . .

Game management will be out of town beginning the latter part of this week and will not be spending any time working the game until returning Sunday evening.

Consequently . . .

The deadline for submittal or change of driver picks for the Atlanta race is Sunday, September 8th, 3:00 p.m. Eastern time.

Essentially, driver picks and/or changes must be submitted prior to the dropping of the green flag, meaning that if the start of the race is delayed for any reason 🌧️🌧️then submittals will be accepted up until the later start time.

Picks will be recorded, confirmed, and posted Sunday evening with results following shortly thereafter.

Note: There will not be any reminders of the pick deadline on Sunday morning prior to the start of the race.

Finally, @ol'whatshisname has let it be known that he'll be rooting for Kyle Busch at Atlanta.

I hope you have a great time, @pjmolo. Being the commissioner of this game is probably a complex job. I enjoy this game very much, it gives me another reason to watch the races.

Thank you for all the things you do.

Cindric for the game. Something top 5ish would be nice. 😎

Bowman for the sheer pleasure of seeing him rub it in Freddie Kraft’s pie-hole. 😇

View attachment 80193View attachment 80194View attachment 80195

And now for something at least a little bit different . . .

Game management will be out of town beginning the latter part of this week and will not be spending any time working the game until returning Sunday evening.

Consequently . . .

The deadline for submittal or change of driver picks for the Atlanta race is Sunday, September 8th, 3:00 p.m. Eastern time.

Essentially, driver picks and/or changes must be submitted prior to the dropping of the green flag, meaning that if the start of the race is delayed for any reason 🌧️🌧️then submittals will be accepted up until the later start time.

Picks will be recorded, confirmed, and posted Sunday evening with results following shortly thereafter.

Note: There will not be any reminders of the pick deadline on Sunday morning prior to the start of the race.

Finally, @ol'whatshisname has let it be known that he'll be rooting for Kyle Busch at Atlanta.
Olwhatshisname with the end around, word has it he took Larson! ;)

I guess I’ll take a 13th place finish. Gonna be hard to move up with mediocre results though. I need to start cracking out some top tens.

Cindric for the game. Something top 5ish would be nice. 😎

Bowman for the sheer pleasure of seeing him rub it in Freddie Kraft’s pie-hole. 😇
10th for my pick and 5th for Bowman.

Happy with both of those.

Looks like REB31 which is right beside me on the board had a very similiar pickem and I ran my line down to Haley and got offset. Gotta laugh, what can you do? Thats gonna be hard to overcome.

Worst possible outcome for me. My initial pick was going to be Daniel Suarez, but I figured I'd save him for later. I decided on Zane Smith, after that I changed it to Ryan Preece and finally, Todd Gilliland.

I ended up picking the worst finisher out of the guys I was considering. Overthinking in this game doesn't always translate to good results.

Congratulations to @antman12, the recipient of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of his pick, Joey Logano, in the Quaker State 400 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was shared by @antman12 and @dirtfan as the finish of their picks enabled each of them to gain three positions in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken once again by @Biggreen695 due his failure to submit a pick (for the fourth consecutive race), which caused him to drop five spots in the standings.

Due to the apparent lack of further interest in the game by @Biggreen695, it has become necessary to bestow a proverbial "pink slip" upon him.

The "Top Five" club saw the return of @dirtfan after a one race absence when he knocked @Clutch to the curb while @Spotter22 retained membership in spite of a catastrophic brain fart that caused him to submit a pick of a driver that he had used in an earlier race.

The battle for the top spot in the standings remains a barn burner with @aunty dive continuing to be a large presence in the rear view mirror of leader @ol'whatshisname, who he currently trails by twelve points.

The hottest player in the game, @REBS31, recorded his third consecutive Top 10 finishing pick and is now within spittin' distance of 10th place in the standings.

2 - results #27.jpg

Congratulations to @antman12, the recipient of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of his pick, Joey Logano, in the Quaker State 400 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was shared by @antman12 and @dirtfan as the finish of their picks enabled each of them to gain three positions in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken once again by @Biggreen695 due his failure to submit a pick (for the fourth consecutive race), which caused him to drop five spots in the standings.

Due to the apparent lack of further interest in the game by @Biggreen695, it has become necessary to bestow a proverbial "pink slip" upon him.

The "Top Five" club saw the return of @dirtfan after a one race absence when he knocked @Clutch to the curb while @Spotter22 retained membership in spite of a catastrophic brain fart that caused him to submit a pick of a driver that he had used in an earlier race.

The battle for the top spot in the standings remains a barn burner with @aunty dive continuing to be a large presence in the rear view mirror of leader @ol'whatshisname, who he currently trails by twelve points.

The hottest player in the game, @REBS31, recorded his third consecutive Top 10 finishing pick and is now within spittin' distance of 10th place in the standings.

View attachment 80289
The battle to make the top 10 is a good one as well. Positions 8th through 20th are all within on race of each other (36 points)

Back
Top Bottom