NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Darlington

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, September 1st, 7:00 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #25.jpg

4 - used list #25.jpg

Got the Darlington car and the backup off the set-up plates this afternoon. Loading them into the hauler in a few minutes and heading out on the 3,077 mile trip across the continent. Two drivers and the dog.

Can’t wait! 😎

Yup. I crashed out last week at Daytona because of all the bird s*** on my windshield from that very thing. ;)
They are getting ready to put a small drone on the market to counter-sheit the birds. It has the capability of letting you build a small bomb loaded with your own sheit (to drop on the bird that started the sheit).

It is gonna be WW3.

Correction:

The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the Southern 500 is 5:30 p.m. Eastern time.

Not a Briscoe fan at all. That being said he won that race in fine fashion. Wow did he blow past everyone and hold it pretty easy. Second week in a row that Busch was unable to pass someone who in prior years…

I am happy with a second from Kyle Busch. I was concerned it would be an all or nothing race for him, checkers or wreckers given the cut off status.
Happy he didn't throw away the 2nd place finish with a desperation move.

Congratulations to @REBS31, the recipient of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of his pick, Chase Briscoe, in the Cook Out Southern 500 Darlington Raceway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was also taken by @REBS31 as his pick of Briscoe boosted him upward six positions in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @Biggreen695 due his failure of to submit a pick (for the third consecutive race), which caused him to drop six spots in the standings.

The "Top Five" club saw @Clutch claim membership for the first time since the results of the Daytona 500 and in the process @dirtfan dropped to sixth place in the standings.

The streak by @aunty dive of gaining a position in the standings for seven consecutive races came to an end but it was offset by the fact that he continues to hold the second spot in the standings and now trails the leader, @ol'whatshisname, by only nine points.

Currently, the hottest players in the game are @Michfan (two consecutive Top 5's) and @REBS31 (two consecutive Top 10's) as the race season enters its playoffs stage where all hell is likely to break lose.

Finally, former two time Pick 'Em game champion @Head423 might need to invest in a larger trophy case as the last place finish of his pick, Ryan Blaney, means that the 'ol boy is the proud recipient of the "Wiping Up The Rear" award for the third time this season.

2 - results #26.jpg

Ya’ did good, Ross … drove your best race of the year. Kept the car clean and executed the tire strategy perfectly … up at the front when it counted.

The team is thrilled. Everybody got a cantaloupe for the ride home. 😇

Didn’t move in the standings, only lost 3 points to 10th place and gained 9 points on the lead which is out of reach at this point. Pretty much a wash of a week.

Of the 10 races left, only one exists where I feel like a top 5 finish isn’t possible. Still eyeing a top 10 finish in the standings.

Ya’ did good, Ross … drove your best race of the year. Kept the car clean and executed the tire strategy perfectly … up at the front when it counted.

The team is thrilled. Everybody got a cantaloupe for the ride home. 😇
I gave my guys a golden horseshoe, if not for the crash Im looking at about 35th. I need a couple more C's but they will be a perfect pick for their respective tracks!

Back
Top Bottom