NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Indianapolis

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, July 21st, 1:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #21.jpg

4 - used list #21.jpg

More than compensated for by the natural beauty of your temporary surroundings and the warm ocean breeze down in White Rock.

Mellow Rock as per the locals. 😎

Ok, I'm up in Vancouver for this race (landing soon) and I just realized the situation I have put myself in.
An even playing field. Aaargh! 😲
I won't be in the future for this race!
I got to see Vancouver for just a few hours while on a buisness trip in Seattle and the Yakima area about 30 years ago.
I was really impressed by the beauty of Vancover at first sight.
I hope to make it back for a longer stay before it is all done.

Sadly, I won't be gaining any ground on the leader for this race.

It’s okay, I wont be either.

My thought with Indy is that it’s a big track, which means you shouldn’t go a lap down. So you should be able to leapfrog anyone who has trouble. After last weekends race, I said I’d be satisfied with a top 30 from my guy today. He posted a couple good laps in practice and qualifying, so I’ve set a new expectation from him of a top 28 finish. Don’t let me down Harrison!

It’s okay, I wont be either.

My thought with Indy is that it’s a big track, which means you shouldn’t go a lap down. So you should be able to leapfrog anyone who has trouble. After last weekends race, I said I’d be satisfied with a top 30 from my guy today. He posted a couple good laps in practice and qualifying, so I’ve set a new expectation from him of a top 28 finish. Don’t let me down Harrison!
Burton actually qualified extremely well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish in the top 20.

Burton has to be the unluckiest driver in NASCAR right now. I still haven't used him, and probably won't use him at all this year.
I was so close switching to Johnson, but man...I just don't want to change my picks at this point. If anyone can find a way to not use Burton, I'd encourage it.

Edit: Oops! Didn't even pick the guy! Just mentioned him and I still jinxed him.

Congratulations to @aunty dive, the recipient of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of his pick, Kyle Larson, in the The Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was taken by @LibertyU24 for the second consecutive race thanks to the sixth place finish of his pick, Todd Gilliland.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @Mr Excitement after one of the race favorites, Denny Hamlin, got caught up in some serious fender bending and limped home in 32nd place, causing @Mr Excitement to drop five spots in the standings.

The "Top Five" club saw no new members added to the club although @Spotter22 followed through on an earlier promise and gained 17 points on the current standings leader, @ol'whatshisname.

More significant. @aunty dive has gained twelve positions over the last six races and is now knocking on the door of the "Top Five" club. Additionally, he's now 25 points closer to the top of the leader board.

Finally, congratulations to @donthaveanickname for his achievement of picking a Top Five finishing driver for the first time this season. Also, due to @Fordracing28 apparently dropping out of the game, @donthaveanickname was able to move out of the standings' cellar for the first time in like, forever.

2 - results #22.jpg

PJ you almost made it to the end with John Hunter, I had both eyes closed with Wrecky but the boy did a good job

Back
Top Bottom