NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Martinsville

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, April 7th, 2:00 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #7.jpg

4 - used list #7.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with my performance this year, worst pick was a 25th by Kyle Busch. All the other picks finished where they should have, except maybe Bubba who had a top 5 with 2 to go at Richmond.

Not bad this week for my pick I’d say. Would have been top 10 without the last caution, I’ll definitely take that from Todd.

I had a rare and badly needed top 10.
Hopefully, I will be able stay in the top 30 in the points.

Congratulations to @Head423 and @Gators423!, the recipients of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, William Byron.

The "Most Upward Movement" award also went to @Gators423! as his pick of the race winner resulted in a gain of six positions in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @Blaze when he dropped a whopping eleven positions in the standings due to his failure to submit a pick.

The coveted "Top Five" club gained a new member as @dirtfan used the 10th place finish of his pick, Ryan Briscoe, to bump @antman12 down to the seventh spot.

Both @ol'whatshisname and @Biggreen695 also picked Briscoe which enabled them to maintain their spots atop of the standings.

Finally, @donthaveanickname solidified his hold on the cellar position of the standings and remains the only player that has yet to pick a Top 10 finishing driver.

2 - results #8.jpg

It hurts that there were so many good picks, & I wasn't one of them. At least I'm still in the title hunt, my picks have to cooperate moving forward though.

After all these years, I’ve wondered if there’s any strategy that really is more successful than others. What I do know after 25% of the current season is that preselecting your drivers is definitely not the way to go. It’s already done, so I’m not gonna switch it up now. I’ll just hope for a top 25 finish. However, next year I’ll for sure wait until after practice/qualifying before selecting my driver. Live and learn! 🤷‍♂️

After all these years, I’ve wondered if there’s any strategy that really is more successful than others. What I do know after 25% of the current season is that preselecting your drivers is definitely not the way to go. It’s already done, so I’m not gonna switch it up now. I’ll just hope for a top 25 finish. However, next year I’ll for sure wait until after practice/qualifying before selecting my driver. Live and learn! 🤷‍♂️
Strategy I think means little, I'm 3 position average finish better than you and I'm counting the charter cars down backwards.

Last year I used a random name generator
I remember that. My strategy in previous years was to make a full list before the season started. It didn't go well for me in 2022, I was one of the worst players that season.

If I'm not mistaken Justin Haley's 20th place finish at Atlantadega was my sole finish better than 25th. Is that a new low?

Sorry, @donthaveanickname, when it comes to the fewest Top 20 picks to start the season, you've got a ways to go.

IN 2021, @REBS31 went the first 12 races of the season with nothing better than a couple of 22nd place finishing picks, getting his first Top 20 in race #13.

This can be a cruel sport/game, but it’s so well done and so much fun. Gives us the occasional thrill of victory, and too often the agony of defeat. Can you imagine if @Revman was participating? I guess if he can’t pick a Yota every week he wants no part of it 😂.

This can be a cruel sport/game, but it’s so well done and so much fun. Gives us the occasional thrill of victory, and too often the agony of defeat. Can you imagine if @Revman was participating? I guess if he can’t pick a Yota every week he wants no part of it 😂.
Yeah, I have respectfully acknowledged that. It so funny when some say this kind of stuff. I was asked at least six times if I would root for Busch if he wasn't in a Toyota. Six times I emphatically answered, and I still hear crap about it. I love the game, but if I can't pick a Toyota every week, I respectfully don't want to play. Because Toyota....always Toyota.....everything Toyota.....and let's get this out of the way......if Toyota leaves NASCAR, so do I. Ya'll (as they say) can hope, but Lee White once said that WE will be here for 100 years. Buckle up.

Weren't you a NASCAR fan before Toyota came along? At least to some extent? I thought you said you were at least a casual fan in those days
Yeah, but the draw for me was Senior. Damn, I have never ever been driver-centric, but he was the man. I probably exaggerated in my post. I would become a casual follower. Probably like the way I see F1 or Indy Car.....I might take a peek every now and then....watch a big race or two, but nothing like I am with NASCAR now. I think it is also important to point out that I'm not marginalizing this great sport....but if you are an OEM based guy, and your OEM isn't racing, there is no point IMO.

I am not worried though...WE love this sport, and I don't think WE will ever leave honestly. NASCAR has been very, very, very good to US.

Back
Top Bottom