NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Richmond

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, August 11th, 5:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #22.jpg

4 - used list #22.jpg

21 players have yet to choose Larson.

If all 21 of them make that pick for Richmond and he finishes 40th, he’ll tie SVG’s record for most points ever posted to the Pick ‘Em leaderboard at 840.

I think I’ll go with Hamlin. 😎

The Current Standings have been updated following game management's belated discovery :owquitit:of a late pick change made by @Old97 from Briscoe to Stenhouse Jr. for the Indianapolis race.

Consequently, the 11th place finish by Stenhouse vs. the 24th place finish by Briscoe means that @Old97 has 13 fewer points than previously thought and has moved from 22nd to 19th place in the standings.

3 - current standings #22.jpg

There are many races within the race.

Positions 1 and 2,
3 through 10,
10 through 20,
20 through 26,
27 through 31,
32 and 33,

are all within one race or 36 points of each other.

It was tough watching Berry run well in the Spring knowing that I chose to save him for the Summer instead. He came home 11th last time, so there’s still room for improvement.

I am not that big on Austin Dillion but his practice speeds gave been good, maybe skewed compared to others due the tire options.
So I picked him instead Berry. It is a big risk, I hope it works out well.

I was going to have use Dillion sooner or later.

I am not that big on Austin Dillion but his practice speeds gave been good, maybe skewed compared to others due the tire options.

Good pick, he’s not been fast so unloading with speed gives him a good chance for a strong finish.

Well it worked out somehow

Not telling the @pjmolo what to do, but maybe save yourself the headache and wait a couple days to do your calculations.

I expected better from Berry. An Austin Dillon DQ would make a big difference with how many guys took him.

I'm a little disappointed with the 20th place finish by Gragson. He was much faster than the 3 and could've passed him before the Stenhouse yellow came out. It would've resulted in a few more positions gained.

There's a chance the 3 gets DQ'd. I would be pretty happy with a 19th, that's pretty much his average finish.

Not telling the @pjmolo what to do, but maybe save yourself the headache and wait a couple days to do your calculations.

I expected better from Berry. An Austin Dillon DQ would make a big difference with how many guys took him.
This isn't U.S.A. Women's Olympic gymnastics...

Sound like a plan. I'll wait to feed the machine until after the official results are posted.

I will be thankful for the points if it all stands. But I have to say that on behalf of my primary sponsor, that The Boogie Woogie Mechanical Sheep Sleaves and other Parts Mercantile Enterprises and Associates Inc. (aka the BWMSS&PM), is very embarrassed and ashamed of the way the team's pic won that race.

There are a lot of uncouth things that a lot of uppity people like look down on with the BWMSS&PM crowd, but all of the partners are disappointed and distressed by representation of the #3 car. That just wasn't right, and some things cross the ethical line even for the BWMSS&PM.

I will be thankful for the points if it all stands. But I have to say that on behalf of my primary sponsor, that The Boogie Woogie Mechanical Sheep Sleaves and other Parts Mercantile Enterprises and Associates Inc. (aka the BWMSS&PM), is very embarrassed and ashamed of the way the team's pic won that race.

There are a lot of uncouth things that a lot of uppity people like look down on with the BWMSS&PM crowd, but all of the partners are disappointed and distressed by representation of the #3 car. That just wasn't right, and some things cross the ethical line even for the BWMSS&PM.

Maybe that’s why I’m sucking so bad. Without sponsorship, I just don’t have the funds to be as competitive. I’m just trying to prove my worth and hoping someone sees my potential. I’m just trying to provide a good life for my cat and it’s hard! Maybe I’ll reach put to Science Diet and see if they’d be willing to give me s shot next season.

Congratulations to @antman12, @dirtfan, @Greg, @Head423, @LewTheShoe, @Magicmiler, and @ToyYoda, the recipients of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish (cough, cough) of their pick, Austin "Whatever It Takes" Dillon, in the Cook Out 400 at Richmond Raceway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was shared by @antman12 and @Head423 as they each gained five positions in the standings thanks to the extra ordinary effort exhibited by Dillon at the end of the race.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was shared by @LibertyU24, @REBS31, @hmmm298, and @Gators423 as the disappointing performances of their picks caused each of them to drop four spots in the standings.

The "Top Five" club saw the @Biggreen695 being shown the door while @aunty dive gained entrance as he continued his push towards the top of the standings.

The top three positions in the standings remained unchanged although leader @ol'whatshisname saw his margin over the ever threatening @Spotter22 reduced to a single point.

Finally, "Wiping Up the Rear" award made its first appearance since all records for the award were broken following the last place finish of Shane Van Gisbergen in the Chicago Street race.

The three players players (@hmmm298, @REBS31, and @Truex_rox) that picked picked Martin Truex Jr. certainly weren't expect him to finish dead last but his blown engine midway through the race resulted in each of them taking home the prestigious soft tissue award for the second time this season.

2 - results #23.jpg

So many good picks this week, I'm not one of them. It sucks that I dropped out of the top 10. Hoping next week goes well for me.

The championship is still up for grabs. There's a lot of parity this year.

So many good picks this week, I'm not one of them. It sucks that I dropped out of the top 10. Hoping next week goes well for me.

The championship is still up for grabs. There's a lot of parity this year.
I have had too many bad races with a solid car, going from sugar to shiet during the race. The hole is just too deep to recover.

About half of my remaining picks are good ones, and the other half are a disaster waiting to happen. I will be happy if I manage to finish in the top 10.

Back
Top Bottom