NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Sonoma

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
3 - current standings #15.jpg

4 - used list #15.jpg

The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, June 9th, 2:30 p.m. Eastern time.

As always, I feel it’s my Duty to be a Good Samaritan by reminding all players how well those ringers run here. Max Papis, Boris Said and Marcos Ambrose are always strong here, so definitely consider one of them when making your selection! I’m taking Said, and you should too. Don’t be a chump! 😉

As always, I feel it’s my Duty to be a Good Samaritan by reminding all players how well those ringers run here. Max Papis, Boris Said and Marcos Ambrose are always strong here, so definitely consider one of them when making your selection! I’m taking Said, and you should too. Don’t be a chump! 😉
Don't forget Montoya.

The one dude who chose reddick looking awfully smart right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sitting here wondering how the 99 got so far off sequence after running in the top 10 all day

I think I have finally made the top 20 in points

Feel kind of guilty taking a position from @kkfan91. Not his fault his countdown strategy just so happened to give him Bubba Wallace at a road course. This was my one "subject to change" pick, because I wasn't even sure AJ would be racing today. Figured with Xfinity also racing at Sonoma this weekend, AJ would probably be in cup. If he weren't, no idea who I'd have changed my pick to without having to move around a bunch of other picks.

I'm inside the top 10 now. This might be my best shot at winning the whole thing, in my 5th year of playing this game.

Feel kind of guilty taking a position from @kkfan91. Not his fault his countdown strategy just so happened to give him Bubba Wallace at a road course. This was my one "subject to change" pick, because I wasn't even sure AJ would be racing today. Figured with Xfinity also racing at Sonoma this weekend, AJ would probably be in cup. If he weren't, no idea who I'd have changed my pick to without having to move around a bunch of other picks.
I was so tempted to break my rule this week.

I was so tempted to break my rule this week.

No one would have blamed you, but if we've stuck with our strategies this long, might as well go through with it for the rest of the season. There's been several weeks that I've been temped to change my pick after qualifying and practice, but I figure what the heck. Not gonna win regardless at this point, so might as well stick with it and see how it pans out.

No one would have blamed you, but if we've stuck with our strategies this long, might as well go through with it for the rest of the season. There's been several weeks that I've been temped to change my pick after qualifying and practice, but I figure what the heck. Not gonna win regardless at this point, so might as well stick with it and see how it pans out.
I've got Logano at Iowa he usual is good a new tracks

@pjmolo I noticed that you didn't update my Keselowski pick in the chart. It shows that I used Suarez instead.

Nice catch.

The correction has been made and will be reflected in the thread for the Iowa race.

Congratulations to @aunty dive and @Greg, the recipients of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the second place finish of their pick, Michael McDowell, in the Toyota / Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was shared by @Clutch, @JJ_14, and @Blaze as their picks enabled each of them to gain three spots in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @Truex_rox when his courageous pick of 31st place finisher Will Brown resulted in a downward movement of six spots in the standings.

The "Top Five" club saw @Conover regain his membership after an absence of two races while @Spotter was knocked out after only a week in the club.

Of note are the streaks over the last three races by @Clutch (has picked a Top 5 finishing driver in each race) and by @JJ_14 (has picked a Top 10 finishing driver in each race).

Finally, congratulations to @Biggreen695 who claimed the top spot in the standings for the second consecutive race as the season approaches the half way point.

2 - results #16.jpg

The fight for the championship is getting interesting. Positions 4 through 6 made up significant ground on the leaders. There's a lot of parity this year.

Back
Top Bottom