NASCAR Pinty's Series

Nice track, field full of Dodge race cars up there and they still go by the normal points system :eek:, imagine that.

K&N Pro Series east and west and the Whelen Modified Tour also use the same points system as the Pinty's series.
Something I didn't know prior to this year, If you win rookie of the year in any of those 4 series (Pinty's, Modified Tour, K&N Pro Series East/West), then you are ineligible for rookie of the year in all of the other series. Cole Powell who was a championship contender til the final race, won 1 race and finished fourth in the standings, who had never started a Pinty's Series race before this year, was very clearly the best rookie in 2018... But, due to the fact that he was rookie of the year in the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour in the past, he was ineligible, and a driver who was in mediocre equipment, skipped 1 race and finished 10th in the standings earned rookie of the year...
Doesn't seem right to me that Cole Powell couldn't get rookie of the year...

Wow, this series brought a smile to my face every race. The track diversity and the TV personalities of TSN really make the broadcasts enjoyable.. what an amazing year of racing. No "playoffs" No pushrod v8 "Toyotas" No 1.5 mile cookie-tracks, tons of badass looking dodges... This is the best series in NASCAR. If the fans miss the way things were you might just find it up north..

Back
Top Bottom