NASCAR Playoff intensity keeps rising as next round approaches

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I bet he spent hours slaving over that thesis and conclusion. :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

I misread title ... playoff insanity.

I didn’t hit the link. I don’t need to know this stuff ... picks are made.

The reason I liked the article is that the author pointed out that everybody had a chance, veterans and the young bloods. I feel the same way, I don't see any of the ones left positively losing this next round nor have they been dominating the previous rounds. This is shaping up to be one of the better years IMO.

By Scott Page

Sizing up the next three Playoff races that will ultimately decide which four drivers compete in Nov. 17 Homestead-Miami Speedway’s season finale, shows a decided edge to the veterans. However, just having had more experience at the tracks doesn’t necessarily ensure positive outcomes. There are good cases to be made for all eight of these title contenders.

https://www.jayski.com/2019/10/21/nascar-playoff-intensity-keeps-rising-as-next-round-approaches/
Great factual article that paints a nice picture of the final 8 and where they stand. Amazing how some like to crap on everything.

They got the format much better with the playoff points and such. I wish they would give some sort of incentive at the Championship 4 race such as some sort of pit stall selection to the regular season champion because there isn't really any sort of small advantage or seeding at Miami. :idunno:

They got the format much better with the playoff points and such. I wish they would give some sort of incentive at the Championship 4 race such as some sort of pit stall selection to the regular season champion because there isn't really any sort of small advantage or seeding at Miami. :idunno:

They get a number of points for winning the season championship, it isn't that small of an advantage. Busch already had 29 playoff points. All of them transfer. Despite his crappy second round he has 42 playoff points and is leading the series. That should be plenty for a regular season winner I would think, over half again what he had to start with for winning the regular season championship

Clinching the regular-season title hands Busch a 15-point bonus heading into the 10-race playoffs, which begin Sept. 15 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The top 10 finishers in the regular-season standings receive bonus points on a sliding scale, starting with 15 for first and ending with one extra point for finishing 10th.

I wish they would give some sort of incentive at the Championship 4 race such as some sort of pit stall selection to the regular season champion
That assumes the regular season champ survives to Homestead. You want incentive? The regular champ should get a free pass to Homestead, or at least to the round of 8.

That assumes the regular season champ survives to Homestead. You want incentive? The regular champ should get a free pass to Homestead, or at least to the round of 8.

I actually like how it is. Truex got to Miami in 2017 & Busch did last year (he was points leader right? I have bad memory). My point is there should be a slight advantage AT Miami (or Phoenix 2020-).

Why not keep what they got and add the regular season champion the first option to pick a pit stall at the Championship 4?

I don't guess you understand the current points system. I am no expert, but if a driver wins the regular season he has accrued playoff points already. Adding 15 more points, the wheels would have to fall off to keep a team that good out of the second round. o_O

I don't guess you understand the current points system. I am no expert, but if a driver wins the regular season he has accrued playoff points already. Adding 15 more points, the wheels would have to fall off to keep a team that good out of the second round. o_O

I never said I was an expert. But you're attitude towards me seems like you think you are buddy.

Back
Top Bottom